Windows 10: Remote desktop can sign in as one user but not the other

Discus and support Remote desktop can sign in as one user but not the other in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm able to remotely log in to the administrator account on a machine in another state, but I'm unable to log in to the regular user account on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmyHughes1, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Remote desktop can sign in as one user but not the other

I'm able to remotely log in to the administrator account on a machine in another state, but I'm unable to log in to the regular user account on the same machine. Using the admin account I'm able to set the password to anything I like on the user account, so it's not a matter of not remembering the password.

My machine is Win 10, target machine is Win 7.

Any ideas?

:)

AmyHughes1, Jun 30, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jun 30, 2020
  3. User gets signed out when another user logs in to use Remote Desktop

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the main user is being signed out of the PC when another user signs in to use remote desktop connection.

Since the issue is happening while using Remote desktop connection, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who provide dedicated support for issues happening due to remote desktop connections.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Remote desktop can sign in as one user but not the other

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Remote desktop can sign in as one user but not the other

1. Remote desktop can sign in as one user but not the other - Similar Threads - Remote desktop sign

2. Remote desktop - One screen frozen and other very laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop - One screen frozen and other very laggy: Hello! I've had some problem but it started working fine somehow for a while but it is back again now.When ever I connect to remote desktop from my private computer to my working laptop I have 2 monitor setup on both. Weird thing is that my second monitor freezes in picture...
  3. Remote desktop - One screen frozen and other very laggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop - One screen frozen and other very laggy: Hello! I've had some problem but it started working fine somehow for a while but it is back again now.When ever I connect to remote desktop from my private computer to my working laptop I have 2 monitor setup on both. Weird thing is that my second monitor freezes in picture...
  4. Remote desktop - One screen frozen and other very laggy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remote Desktop - Sign Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop - Sign Out: TBH using Remote Desktop is a pain at the best of times in a corporate environment. Granted, it has the advantage of Active Directory management, but I would much prefer terminal access to a Linux/Unix environment. Unfortunately, the implementation of 'cloud technologies',...
  6. one user can access, other user cannot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one user can access, other user cannot: Two Win10Pro vers 20xx computers, Ethernet LAN. In compD (destination): - password protected sharing is OFF - shares give full control permission to Everyone. CompS (source) UsernameS (standard account) can access compD (dest) which also has UsenameS. CompS Explorer lists...
  7. Cannot Sign-In Any Other Users on my Desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Sign-In Any Other Users on my Desktop: I have lost the ability for anybody except myself to log in to my desktop. Not only do I not see any other users from the login screen, nor from clicking on my user profile once signed in.The only thing that happens when I turn on my machine is that my profile loads and...
  8. Remote desktop working one way but not the other

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop working one way but not the other: I have a desktop and a laptop. I log into both machines using my Microsoft Account and have set up a PIN on both. I can remote desktop onto my laptop from my desktop fine with my account using account name MicrosoftAccount\{accountname} However I can't do it from laptop to...
  9. Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.: Hello, I am using mobile network hotspot to connect from my HomePC to a remote machine through VPN. I do not face any issues when I try to connect through Vodafone network where the speed is around just 8-9 Mbps but I could not connect through other networks like Three/EE...
  10. remote desktop users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote desktop users: I have a problem in that i user disconnects the other user, more detail below: The main pc (called Server-pc) has 3 users, 'administrator', 'owner' and 'client'. another computer has 1 user (client) when the 'owner' is using the server-pc and the another pc user on pc...