Windows 10: Remote Desktop can’t find the computer

Discus and support Remote Desktop can’t find the computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Remote Desktop is a powerful and handy feature that allows you to connect to another computer on the same network or the one available over a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 31, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Remote Desktop can’t find the computer

Remote Desktop can’t find the computer Remote-Desktop-Cant-Find-the-Computer.jpg
    Remote Desktop is a powerful and handy feature that allows you to connect to another computer on the same network or the one available over a dedicated network available for access. When trying to connect to a remote computer, if it cannot find the PC, this post will resolve the problem related to Remote Desktop […]

This article Remote Desktop can’t find the computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 31, 2021

2. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 31, 2021
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 31, 2021
  4. Remote Desktop can’t find the computer

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 31, 2021
Thema:

Remote Desktop can’t find the computer

1. Remote Desktop can’t find the computer - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop can’t

2. Windows Bluetooth Can’t find Wii remote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bluetooth Can’t find Wii remote: I checked every video and Article about how to connect my Wii remote to my computer. Most of it is either through adding a device Bluetooth or Devices and printers, but I count find “NVL-CNT-01” anywhere multiple times. The other suggestions were “Dolphin Emulator will find...
  3. Windows Bluetooth Can’t find Wii remote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Bluetooth Can’t find Wii remote: I checked every video and Article about how to connect my Wii remote to my computer. Most of it is either through adding a device Bluetooth or Devices and printers, but I count find “NVL-CNT-01” anywhere multiple times. The other suggestions were “Dolphin Emulator will find...
  4. Remote Desktop can’t access files on Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop can’t access files on Mac: I have the Remote Desktop app on my OS connected to my Windows device at work. I'm not able to upload any files from my mac to my company portal using the app. It only shows me local files on my Windows. I have previously resolved this by choosing my OS desktop for file...
  5. Remote Desktop can’t access files on Mac

Remote Desktop can’t access files on Mac: I have the Remote Desktop app on my OS connected to my Windows device at work. I'm not able to upload any files from my mac to my company portal using the app. It only shows me local files on my Windows. I have previously resolved this by choosing my OS desktop for file...
  6. Can’t connect to Remote Desktop Configuration service?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t connect to Remote Desktop Configuration service?: My laptop has been doing this for the past few days. I looked into what it meant but I haven’t been able to find great answers. The screen looks like this:I’m not a really techy person so I have no idea what it means. I would really appreciate if someone could help or has any...
  7. Can’t connect to Remote Desktop Configuration service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to Remote Desktop Configuration service?: My laptop has been doing this for the past few days. I looked into what it meant but I haven’t been able to find great answers. The screen looks like this:I’m not a really techy person so I have no idea what it means. I would really appreciate if someone could help or has any...
  8. Can’t connect to Remote Desktop Configuration service?

9. Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10: Remote Desktop is a software in Windows that allows you to connect to a computer that is not close by. When you try to connect to a remote computer by using Remote Desktop, you may receive the following error message: Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer. The...
  10. Can’t reboot the desktop computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t reboot the desktop computer: My Dell Inspiron, core i3, (formerly Windows 7, later changed to Windows 10) has problem with rebooting. I tried with USB media and it worked. But when restart, work only with USB. Now i reset the PC, but it stuck. Any idea how to solve the problem?...