Windows 10: Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel

Discus and support Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Feature request to add SSH tunnel as an alternative to RD Gateway. I thought it's pretty common, and RD Gateway is fantastically rare (and a living... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thanatica, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Thanatica Win User

Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel

Feature request to add SSH tunnel as an alternative to RD Gateway.

I thought it's pretty common, and RD Gateway is fantastically rare (and a living nightmare to set up, especially for those who don't own a Windows server).

What does it take to get this feature added?

:)

Thanatica, Oct 19, 2018
  2. LeoBloom Win User

Set up access to home files and tunnel traffic remotely

Thanks for suggestions - a couple of questions
    • Is it safe to configure an SSH server on a Windows machine (as opposed to directly on a router)
    • Is it possible to configure a client to connect via a different port (and forward to the correct port within the router) to avoid port scanners?
    • Will I be able to map a network drive (as opposed to only having access to my files via a command line interface)
    • From a security perspective, is SSH as secure as an OpenVPN solution
    • Not concerned regarding dynamic IP -- already set up a DynDNS service

Thank you!

LeoBloom, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Chang2011 Win User
    Does Windows Phone 7 support VPN or SSH Tunnel??

Does Windows Phone 7 support VPN or SSH Tunnel + SOCKS Proxy Forwarding??

Android VPN sucks!! But Android market can download SSH tunnel software.

Apple VPN is great. But Apple doesn't support SSH tunnel.

Living in evil China we need either VPN or SSH to "climb the wall" to access the Facebook or Twitter.

Don't get me wrong. I am not Chinese.

Chang2011, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel

SSH Client Beta

I have been using the Windows SSH client instead of putty to SSH into my raspberry pi. What is the paste shortcut for the vim editor? I have tried these things in normal, insert, and paste mode. Here's a list of things I've tried that does not work:

ctrl+Shift+Insert

Shift+Insert

crtl+v

Shift+crtl+v

right click

scroll click

When I attempt these things, I either get no result, a ':', or a blank line.

moltencocoa, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel

1. Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel - Similar Threads - Remote desktop client

2. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT: Hi There, I would like to access my computer1 running OS windows10 from another computer2 by using the Remote Desktop WEB Client.PC1 - OS win 10 <-------------------RD web client FIREFOX - PC2 Do you guys know if it's possible on windows 10 ?Does any one have a detailled...
  3. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT: Hi There, I would like to access my computer1 running OS windows10 from another computer2 by using the Remote Desktop WEB Client.PC1 - OS win 10 <-------------------RD web client FIREFOX - PC2 Do you guys know if it's possible on windows 10 ?Does any one have a detailled...
  4. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ssh tunneling not working on new windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssh tunneling not working on new windows 11: I had a Windows 11 21H2 installation, that could not be upgraded to version 22H2. So i decided to install version 22H2 from scratch. In my previous installation i could use remote editing with ssh ssh -R 52698:localhost:5268. This doesnt work not more. I have already checked...
  6. Introduction To SSH Tunneling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Introduction To SSH Tunneling: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AfroBoyUg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tqw9py/introduction_to_ssh_tunneling/
  7. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with Remote Desktop Client: Hi, I have been trying to trace a bug that has been happening within our organisation for the last month or so. Users started reporting that when they login to RDP sessions internal or external if they are required to enter there credentials the MSTSC client just sits and...
  8. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with Remote Desktop Client: Hi, I have been trying to trace a bug that has been happening within our organisation for the last month or so. Users started reporting that when they login to RDP sessions internal or external if they are required to enter there credentials the MSTSC client just sits and...
  9. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. 1903 update ssh tunnel problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 update ssh tunnel problem: When I try to create ssh tunnel to port 443 I get error saying: "Privileged ports can only be forwarded by root." To connect I use this command: ssh -L 443:secure-domain.com:443 -N *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Now, until I installed update number 1903, I...