Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connect: The credentials that were used to connect to IP did not work.

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connect: The credentials that were used to connect to IP did not work. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to use Remote Desktop Connect of Remote Desktop App to connect remotely to another computer. I find the other computer using its IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HugoFrammery, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop Connect: The credentials that were used to connect to IP did not work.

Hi,

I am trying to use Remote Desktop Connect of Remote Desktop App to connect remotely to another computer. I find the other computer using its IP and am prompted for my credentials. When I enter my microsoft credentials, it tells me "The credentials that were used to connect to <IP> did not work.".
    I am sure I did not make a typo in my credentials and am sure they are correct. What could be wrong.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Hugo

:)

HugoFrammery, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Mussels Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection / Win XP

to connect you'll either need to know the machines internet IP address and have ports forwarded, or use hamachi.

I find hamachi easier, as it doesnt matter if the internet IP address changes - you just use the hamachi one.

FYI, logging in via remote desktop is a "one at a time" deal. If he's logged in and you initiate a remote desktop connection, he will be logged out - so he cant see what you're doing, and vice versa.

Mussels, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connect: The credentials that were used to connect to IP did not work.

remote desktop connection

Hi Mcgoo, welcome to the Ten Forums.

You need of course use the name or IP address of the remote host, the computer you are trying to connect to, and credentials of one of the user account on that remote host

See the tutorial: RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Remote Desktop Connect: The credentials that were used to connect to IP did not work.

1. Remote Desktop Connect: The credentials that were used to connect to IP did not work. - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connect

2. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work": I am trying to remote into a Windows 10 Pro desktop PC-A from Windows 11 Home laptop PC-B. Both of these are on the same network. PC-A has a local Admin account, PC-B has my Microsoft Account. I have enabled Remote Desktop on PC-A. I enter the name for PC-A in the name prompt...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work": I am trying to remote into a Windows 10 Pro desktop PC-A from Windows 11 Home laptop PC-B. Both of these are on the same network. PC-A has a local Admin account, PC-B has my Microsoft Account. I have enabled Remote Desktop on PC-A. I enter the name for PC-A in the name prompt...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work": So after searching I decided to post this question because all the solutions don't seem to reflect my situation.Before we start I want to preface a few things:All Microsoft Account Passwords are correct I've confirmed them by logging into to the respective MS accounts and...
  6. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work": So after searching I decided to post this question because all the solutions don't seem to reflect my situation.Before we start I want to preface a few things:All Microsoft Account Passwords are correct I've confirmed them by logging into to the respective MS accounts and...
  7. Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials

Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials: Hello Im trying to access a desktop remote connection to my work, but every time i try to log in it asks for my "credentials", which i assume is my Microsoft user name and password, but every time i type them in its says they are wrong. I really need to get in to do my...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection - Your credential did not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection - Your credential did not work: I can successfully RDP to the target computer from any computer with in the LAN. However, I get an error message of "Your credentials did not work" when I RDP from WAN. I know that my setup is working to the target computer but just that credentials entered is not...
  9. Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work

Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work: I am failing to get this to work. I have spent the past two hours googling solutions. I tried the ones I understood, none worked. Target PC is 192.168.0.9 Target PC microsoft account is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Target PC is win10 pro Remote PC microsoft...
  10. Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work"

Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work": I reinstalled windows on my Desktop yesterday. I previously had a handy little shortcut on my desktop to allow me to access my laptops desktop via remote desktop. Of course this shortcut has now disappeared, so I tried to set it up again. Now, when I go to connect it asks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the credentials that were used to connect

2. The credentials that were used to connect to did not work

3. the credentials that were used to connect to 40.117.61.57 did not work

4. credentials that were used to connect to,
  5. the credentials will be used to connect to 127.0.0.5,
  6. your credentials did not work the credentials that were used to connect did not work please enter new credentials,
  7. credentials that were used to connect remotely did not work but they should,
  8. The credentials thatbwere used to connect ,
  9. the credentials that were used to connect did not work,
  10. the credentials that were use to connect,
  11. the credentials that were used to connect to 192.168.0.100 did not work,
  12. The credentals that were used to connect to did not work,
  13. the credentials used to connect did not work remoteapp