Windows 10: Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials

Discus and support Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Im trying to access a desktop remote connection to my work, but every time i try to log in it asks for my "credentials", which i assume is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SarahGerrard, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials

Hello

Im trying to access a desktop remote connection to my work, but every time i try to log in it asks for my "credentials", which i assume is my Microsoft user name and password, but every time i type them in its says they are wrong. I really need to get in to do my work!! This is a new computer that i have only set up a couple of days ago. I just save the remote link to my desktop as i always have.

:)

SarahGerrard, Apr 4, 2021
  2. dortegajr Win User

Invalid Login Credentials Remote Desktop Windows 10

Had the same issue. I was connecting from Windows 10 Home laptop to another laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I recently upgraded the Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Professional. I was able to remote desktop prior to the upgrade using my credentials without
    any issues. Once I upgraded, to Win 10 Pro, it said my credentials were invalid. It worked fine after this suggestion! Thanks.

dortegajr, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop Invalid Credentials

I'll start with pointing out that it's rare there's a problem I can't fix myself, but I've found one and I can't find a solution for it anywhere online. I'm good doing just about any technical things involved in fixing it.

Basically, I have my Surface Pro 2, physically using it works fine, but when I attempt to login remotely with Remote Desktop Connection, it connects, says my pre-entered username and password don't work, (which it should) so it asks for one, I've tried both
    my Microsoft Account (which I use to log in physically and remotely on my Desktop) and I've tried using the local credentials given to me by the Remote Desktop Assistant (which says everything's fine). No credentials work. To clarify, RDC does connect to the
    computer it just won't accept any credentials that I know are valid.

On a side note, I have on multiple occasions noted that, when logging in locally, sometimes a second account shows up in the lower left corner, with the same name. As though I have two accounts. I bought that might have something to do with the problem,
    like it thinks there's multiple accounts with the same credentials so it just fails to log in with those credentials. But that "ghost" account only shows up every once in a while and never shows up in the Accounts section of Settings or Control Panel.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but I've gotten rather annoyed with this issue and would rather not recount all the steps I've taken to attempt to resolve the issue. I'm willing to just do as told and return the results of any instructions in an attempt
    to fix the problem. I haven't tried a complete image backup and restore, I'd be willing to, though it'd be rather inconvenient and I don't think that would solve the problem, but if someone else does, I'll try it after trying some other things first.

Timothy Westman-Barth, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials

1. Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials - Similar Threads - Remote desktop connection

2. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work": I am trying to remote into a Windows 10 Pro desktop PC-A from Windows 11 Home laptop PC-B. Both of these are on the same network. PC-A has a local Admin account, PC-B has my Microsoft Account. I have enabled Remote Desktop on PC-A. I enter the name for PC-A in the name prompt...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work": I am trying to remote into a Windows 10 Pro desktop PC-A from Windows 11 Home laptop PC-B. Both of these are on the same network. PC-A has a local Admin account, PC-B has my Microsoft Account. I have enabled Remote Desktop on PC-A. I enter the name for PC-A in the name prompt...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Issue with Remote Desktop sign in credentials,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Remote Desktop sign in credentials,: Cannot get passed sign in credentials, anyone know how to make work? Been in contact with MS 5 techs, Still no connection. Using Win 11 PRO. Have set up like instructed....
  6. No prompt for credentials for Remote Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No prompt for credentials for Remote Desktop: We have a computer that when ever some one tries to use Remote Desktop it opens a window that lets them know their credentials will be used, but gives no area to input credentials or accept. Simply the option to cancel. I have attached a screenshot. We checked Windows...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection - Your credential did not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection - Your credential did not work: I can successfully RDP to the target computer from any computer with in the LAN. However, I get an error message of "Your credentials did not work" when I RDP from WAN. I know that my setup is working to the target computer but just that credentials entered is not...
  8. Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work

Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work: I am failing to get this to work. I have spent the past two hours googling solutions. I tried the ones I understood, none worked. Target PC is 192.168.0.9 Target PC microsoft account is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Target PC is win10 pro Remote PC microsoft...
  9. Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work"

Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work": I reinstalled windows on my Desktop yesterday. I previously had a handy little shortcut on my desktop to allow me to access my laptops desktop via remote desktop. Of course this shortcut has now disappeared, so I tried to set it up again. Now, when I go to connect it asks...
  10. Delete Saved Credentials of Remote Desktop Connection in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Saved Credentials of Remote Desktop Connection in Windows: How to: Delete Saved Credentials of Remote Desktop Connection in Windows How to Delete Saved Credentials of a Remote Desktop Connection in Windows [img] Information You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC from a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp windows login allways invalid username and password