Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 10 on five computers or my home network and I am finding that connections established Using Remote Desktop Connection keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eric 4d, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Eric 4d Win User

Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

I have installed Windows 10 on five computers or my home network and I am finding that connections established Using Remote Desktop Connection keep dropping out after about 10 seconds. This happens with connections between any two computers. I never had this problem before I upgraded to Windows 10. A Google searches show me that the problem has existed before with previous versions of Windows, but it doesn't look like any of the solutions to those problems apply here.

:)

Eric 4d, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 26, 2018
  4. zplugger Win User

Remote Desktop Connection

Morning
    manish9009 I tried your suggestions in post #2,no luck making it work. When it connects to the local remote computer it logs on as other user,then disconnects after about 15 sec. Is there a way to connect to the computer name and not as other user?

zplugger, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting.: My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-remote-desktop-connection-keeps-disconnecting/88d8b33e-f491-4341-bb4d-8a2f06b20864
  3. My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting.: My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-remote-desktop-connection-keeps-disconnecting/88d8b33e-f491-4341-bb4d-8a2f06b20864
  4. My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me: Hello! My graphics drivers have been crashing more and more often recently when playing games, causing games to be unplayable. I have tried multiple solutions, which I will outline below, including the error logs. Honestly, I want to know whether my laptop's GPU is dying or a...
  6. GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me: Hello! My graphics drivers have been crashing more and more often recently when playing games, causing games to be unplayable. I have tried multiple solutions, which I will outline below, including the error logs. Honestly, I want to know whether my laptop's GPU is dying or a...
  7. GPU constantly disconnecting & reconnecting on me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Western Digital constantly disconnects+reconnects instantly

Western Digital constantly disconnects+reconnects instantly: Hello, Many of you heard of this issue, I hope I'll either get help or better ideas at why the disconnect/reconnect repeats every 5-10 sec or so while using this external hard drive. MY SITUATION: I acquired a WD_Black SSD 8to usb3.0 8 days ago, and after I plugged it in...
  9. Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect: I have been using remote desktop for years without any issues. Several weeks ago after a windows update I cannot use my remote desktop outside my internal network. It works fine in the home & I connect with my ipad using mobile remote desktop. but when Im at work I can...
  10. Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting

Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting: So as the the title says my usb remote control constantly disconnects and reconnects, i have tried every fix mentioned by searching the web to no avail. The OS is windows 10, i know its not the device because when i plug it into my daughter and sons laptops it works fine,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop constantly loses connection the reconnects