Windows 10: REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION - COPY AND PASTE

Discus and support REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION - COPY AND PASTE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have set up a Remote Desktop Connection through the built-in app that Windows 10 has and I am having problems with copying and pasting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gilberto Alvin Moran, Jun 16, 2020.

1. REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION - COPY AND PASTE

Hello,

I have set up a Remote Desktop Connection through the built-in app that Windows 10 has and I am having problems with copying and pasting to and from my local machine and the remote computer.

I have edited my settings on the RDC:

Local Resources tab -> Local devices and resources -> checked Clipboard -> More -> checked Drives

I have also disabled the "Do not allow Clipboard redirection" in the Remote Desktop Services via Local Group Policy Editor.

It still doesn't work. I need to copy and paste text from the remote computer to my local machine as the speech recognition software that we use to transcribe is only available via the remote computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900

Best,

Gibs

:)

Gilberto Alvin Moran, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. RDC copy and paste

Hi Grant,

For the Remote Desktop Connection issue on your computers, you can follow some helpful solutions from this link:

Copy Paste not working via RDP connection.

If the issue persists after the performing the suggested steps from the provided link, you can also post a query on the same thread.

Regards.

Marque Lor, Jun 16, 2020
  4. REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION - COPY AND PASTE

Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop

Hi All, this problem is getting worse and happens daily.

I have Windows 10 Pro.

I have 2 monitors and use Remote Desktop Version 10.1.1088.0 on my system.

I use this all day.

I go back and forth between the RDP and my windows desktop apps. (excel, word, Outlook, etc).

So, scenario. I select the word TEST1 in Word, click copy then select Outlook and Paste, and it all works as it is supposed to.

Then I need to copy from the RDP app. I select the text WILLTHISWORK, click copy, go to Outlook (Outside of the RDP window) and select Paste and I get what TEST1, what I had originally copied. BUT if I go back to the RDP and paste there, it will paste the
    WILLITWORK.

Sometimes, if I log out of the RDP app, and close Remote Desktop, then open and log back in, it will work, other times I have to reboot my system.

This problem is driving me crazy, any suggestions?

Fern Turpin, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION - COPY AND PASTE

1. REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION - COPY AND PASTE - Similar Threads - REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION

2. Remote Desktop App copy paste files does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop App copy paste files does not work: Dear Microsoft!I have downloaded your Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft Store.It is a very great and useful app, much better than the original, ancient one! Although it has one very unfortunate missing elements: why we cannot copy paste files, just only text,...
  3. Remote Desktop App copy paste files does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop App copy paste files does not work: Dear Microsoft!I have downloaded your Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft Store.It is a very great and useful app, much better than the original, ancient one! Although it has one very unfortunate missing elements: why we cannot copy paste files, just only text,...
  4. Remote Desktop App copy paste files does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot Copy Paste in Remote Desktop Session in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot Copy Paste in Remote Desktop Session in Windows 10: When you connect a computer using the Remote Desktop (RDP), at times, you cannot copy data between the source and the destination computer. When I say data, I mean the text or image available with the clipboard. One can also have trouble copying files between the computer....
  6. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection - Copy and Paste

Remote Desktop Connection - Copy and Paste: Hello, I have set up a Remote Desktop Connection through the built-in app that Windows 10 has and I am having problems with copying and pasting to and from my local machine and the remote computer. I have edited my settings on the RDC: Local Resources tab -> Local...
  8. Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop: Hi All, this problem is getting worse and happens daily. I have Windows 10 Pro. I have 2 monitors and use Remote Desktop Version 10.1.1088.0 on my system. I use this all day. I go back and forth between the RDP and my windows desktop apps. (excel, word, Outlook, etc)....
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...