Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection drops after several seconds

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection drops after several seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem seems to have been around since Windows 7.Ever since Windows 10 came out, I have been using remote desktop connections on 6 different home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanFlak, May 10, 2021.

1. DanFlak Win User

Remote Desktop Connection drops after several seconds

This problem seems to have been around since Windows 7.Ever since Windows 10 came out, I have been using remote desktop connections on 6 different home machines connecting with servers for my past and current employer. I've had an occasional drop but since receiving the last update for Windows 10, I have the classic, when I log on, I get to my session and 5 to 10 seconds later, the remote connection is dropped EVERY TIME. So I reconnect and everything is fine.This happens on the first time I connect on a new VPN connection. I can break the connection and reconnect multiple times without

:)

DanFlak, May 10, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. LCowley Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection dropping out

I am finding that connections established Using Remote Desktop Connection keep dropping out after about 10 seconds. It worked fine for about 5 weeks, but it hasn't worked for the last 10 days. Both my computer
    at home and at the location of my remote computer indicate strong internet readings.

LCowley, May 10, 2021
  4. Remote Desktop Connection drops after several seconds

Remote Desktop in WIN 10 dropping connection every 30 second!

I recently got a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 installed on it, and now Remote Desktop keeps dropping the connection every 30 sec or so to my remote machine at work! It connects OK, but keeps dropping and re-connecting. This is hugely frustrating. This
    is definitely NOT a problem with my remote host (running Win 8.1) nor with my home router or internet connection, because I can run Remote Desktop perfectly fine from the adjacent desktop PC (running Win 8.1), which goes through the same path and does not
    drop the connection. I surmise it is some problem with Windows 10, or my Surface Pro 3, or with its present configuration. I have performed all the latest Win 10 updates.

Following some earlier threads, I tried changing this registry key:

HKEY_Local_machine\ system\currentcontrolset\control\terminal server entry fDenyTSConnections

from 1 to 0

but that did not help at all.

What to do? I really rely on RDP on the road, so I need this to work. Your suggestions are welcome.

StevenMBlock, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Remote Desktop Connection drops after several seconds

1. Remote Desktop Connection drops after several seconds - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Remote Desktop freezes and drops 4 - 5 seconds after connecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop freezes and drops 4 - 5 seconds after connecting: Hello, PC (Windows 10) connects through remote desktop to server on LAN (Windows Server 2019, direct cable connection). The screen freezes after few seconds, then remote desktop drops. I tried disabling WDDM environment, disabling UDP doesn't help. Yestrday it worked, but...
  3. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  4. Sound - volume drops after several seconds of playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound - volume drops after several seconds of playback: Windows 10. Version 1909. Build 18363.900. Using an HP machine, factory built in Q1 2020. During audio tests and general sound playback movies, music, etc. the sound starts out at the volume I have set. Within a few seconds, it drops to an incredibly low volume playback,...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection dropping out

Remote Desktop Connection dropping out: I am finding that connections established Using Remote Desktop Connection keep dropping out after about 10 seconds. It worked fine for about 5 weeks, but it hasn't worked for the last 10 days. Both my computer at home and at the location of my remote computer indicate...
  6. Remote desktop connection drop, local network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop connection drop, local network: System, Windows10 pro RD connection drop randomly after some minutes 15', 30' changes. I reconnect and continue. Perhaps, it's related about connection speed. If I use internet, drop probability increase. If driver problem, which driver? thank you, Günlük Adı: System...
  7. Remote desktop logs out on drop

Remote desktop logs out on drop: Hi, Since Update 1903, I am experiencing a serious issue with Remote Desktop at least once per day. The session is dropping, but when I restart remote desktop to log in, I have been completely logged out (or maybe the login session has crashed?) I'm not sure if...
  8. Remote Desktop - Stay connected after restarting the remote

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Stay connected after restarting the remote: Hi All, I'm using Windows 10 Pro I'm using remote desktop to access my laptop from my PC. Sometimes I need to restart my laptop and I lose the remote connection. I then have to enter credentials again (password and laptop name) to access my laptop. My question is - Is...
  9. After Remote Desktop Connection No Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    After Remote Desktop Connection No Wallpaper: I can do a remote desktop connection to my Win 10 Pro x64 system with no issues. But the next time I log in to that system locally my wallpaper doesn't show. It just shows the default solid black color. My wallpaper is still selected under Personalize, but it's not showing....
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...