Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I setup all the computers in my house to have the same username and no password - all of them boot up and go directly to the desktop without any need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Doug.Metzler, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password

I setup all the computers in my house to have the same username and no password - all of them boot up and go directly to the desktop without any need to login.

Each one is a Local Account and is Administrator. When I setup remote desktop under User Accounts it specifically said that my username has access.

I am trying to remote desktop from one machine to the others but it asks for a password.

I tried disabling Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only

Can you please tell me what additional steps I need to take to successfully remote in?

Thank you,

:)

Doug.Metzler, Aug 22, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection without password

Remote Desktop Connection is not designed to work without passwords. Auto logon is another issue, a Windows PC with a single user account with no password logs the user automatically in. This creates issues with RDC.

I recommend creating a password for the user account on remote host used for remote connections.

4. Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password

Remote desktop to other user accounts OR remote desktop with a password without having to locally use the password

I have a desktop at home, where I would like to install a virtualization system and use it remotely. The desktop is also for gaming and for home use, so it doesn't have a password on the main account (hence, it boots directly to the desktop). I would like to keep it that way, however, I would like to be able to Remote Desktop to this computer with a password, for obvious security reasons. Is this possible?

I tried creating another account with a password, but the other account will make me access the new account's desktop only, not the original account's desktop.

So, I would appreciate explaining whether one of these two options are possible:

1. Remote desktop from the new account into the first account's desktop, OR
    2. Remote desktop to my original account with a password, without having to log in locally (when I'm physically in front of the computer).

The Quantum Physicist, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password

1. Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Remote Desktop Connection - This user account's password expired. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection - This user account's password expired. Why?: I just got to work. I go to connect to my workstation at home.The only workstation that is powerful enough for CAD design which is what I work with.After a successful login, I am instead greeted with this error:So now I sit here, 18 miles away from home, able to successfully...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection - This user account's password expired. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection - This user account's password expired. Why?: I just got to work. I go to connect to my workstation at home.The only workstation that is powerful enough for CAD design which is what I work with.After a successful login, I am instead greeted with this error:So now I sit here, 18 miles away from home, able to successfully...
  4. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  5. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  6. Remote desktop local connection interrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop local connection interrupted: I have two Windows 10 desktop systems hardwire connected to a Netgear EX7000 range extender. One system is used to access the other using RDP. On occasion, the connection to the target session drops out and restores after a retry, and rarely I have to reboot the target...
  7. Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections

Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections: I recently installed an update and my local Windows installation stopped accepting Remote Desktop connections. I followed some of the steps I found in similar questions in this forum without success: Added RDesktop to the allowed applications in the Windows Firewall, and...
  8. Remote desktop connection drop, local network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop connection drop, local network: System, Windows10 pro RD connection drop randomly after some minutes 15', 30' changes. I reconnect and continue. Perhaps, it's related about connection speed. If I use internet, drop probability increase. If driver problem, which driver? thank you, Günlük Adı: System...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection and locally stored Windows Profile on Remote computer

Remote Desktop Connection and locally stored Windows Profile on Remote computer: Have 2 laptop computers running windows 10 computer #1 and computer #2. Need to know how to login remotely to computer #2 and gain access to my User ID with my Password. According to the following article My Personal Credential feature is a single credential entry which is...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection without password

Remote Desktop Connection without password: Do you think we will ever be able to do a remote desktop connection when the other computer has no password? Have two computer on same local network,will not let me connect because no password on other computer.I had no problems when the other computer was windows7? Has...