Windows 10: remote desktop connection in windows 10 and windows 10 pro license period

Discus and support remote desktop connection in windows 10 and windows 10 pro license period in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HI Team, I have two questions. Please let me know the details. 1. Can I use remote desktop connection in windows 10 home license ? 2. If I buy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ADITYAVEMURI, Apr 17, 2021.

1. remote desktop connection in windows 10 and windows 10 pro license period

HI Team,

I have two questions. Please let me know the details.

1. Can I use remote desktop connection in windows 10 home license ?

2. If I buy windows 10 pro license, what is the expiry date? in the sense how long can I use it ? lifetime or any specific period ?

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Vemuri.

:)

ADITYAVEMURI, Apr 17, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Remote Desktop, Windows 10, Need help with how to set up sharing

You have to set remote desktop to allow remote connections. This is completely different from sharing settings and sharing files in Windows. You also need Windows 10 Professional on the computer you want to remote control. These settings are not in Windows 10 Home edition.

Also, do not share your primary drive! This is a very bad idea.

remote desktop connection in windows 10 and windows 10 pro license period upload_2016-11-10_17-31-35-png.png

newtekie1, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Phaewryn Win User
    Remote Desktop, Windows 10, Need help with how to set up sharing

Yeah, I know it's a bad idea, but I was trying to get as open as I could to see if it was possible at all. It's back to only shared for my user now. Yeah, so that's it, this isn't a pro version of windows. Guess I'm back to the $350 KVM switch idea. My desk has no room for any more monitors.

remote desktop connection in windows 10 and windows 10 pro license period sysprops-png.png

Phaewryn, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

remote desktop connection in windows 10 and windows 10 pro license period

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

remote desktop connection in windows 10 and windows 10 pro license period

1. remote desktop connection in windows 10 and windows 10 pro license period - Similar Threads - remote desktop connection

2. Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop: I need to remote into my desktop from my laptop. Do I need to have windows pro on both systems or just the one that I am remoting into? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-pro-remote-desktop/49ddd37e-be29-4c7a-80e0-9fa9f1f7fa3f
  3. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop: I have a Windows 10 Pro computer and I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop Client app on my Tab S6 to get access to it. I'd like to be able to access it even if I'm on a different network (like when I'm not home). How do I go about doing that? submitted by /u/Ronin1791...
  4. Windows 10 Pro- Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro- Remote Desktop: Hi. I have W10 Pro on my Surface Pro and W10 Home on my laptop and desktop. Is the W10 Pro license specific to the machine or would it be available to other owned machines? If not, I assume that I would I need to purchase separate upgrade licences? My interest in W10 Pro...
  5. Windows 10 pro remote desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro remote desktop: Can I connect to a windows 10 pro with remote desktop from 3 computes at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-remote-desktop/331f4bf5-9805-4c6d-be92-aa95a43c9ddb
  6. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro: Up on entering password to access my office PC with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro , my laptop screen goes black with a message " An error occurred while the connection was being stablished"...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection: Remote desktop in windows 10 pro not connecting to android phone. Always it shows the error code 0x104 in the phone. I am trying this after installing Microsoft remote assistance....
  8. Remote desktop - Windows 10 Pro?

Remote desktop - Windows 10 Pro?: To remotely control a Windows 10 PC from another Windows 10 PC using Remote Desktop, do BOTH PCs need to have Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-windows-10-pro/a256a1ef-e79e-44cc-a378-d3594239d745
  9. Remote desktop connection in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop connection in Windows 10 Pro: How do I save multiple credentials to the same remote server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/remote-desktop-connection-in-windows-10-pro/aed95742-aebb-42e4-85b0-c3608a45548a
  10. remote desktop connection to windows 10 pro issue

remote desktop connection to windows 10 pro issue: remote desktop connects to windows 10 shows a black screen for 20-30 seconds then throws an error "failed to reconnect to you remote session, please try to connect again." - windows 10 pro 1709. - local firewall is off. - allow access to machine is enabled. - rdp port is...