Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection Keeps Freezing

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection Keeps Freezing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, We are currently connecting to our workstations using RDP after connecting to VPN. Lately, many users have experienced their RDP session... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel Ward dward, May 7, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop Connection Keeps Freezing

Hi,

We are currently connecting to our workstations using RDP after connecting to VPN. Lately, many users have experienced their RDP session freezing, forcing them to close the session and re-open.

I have seen many articles on this topic, however, none of them include the reason code we are receiving. The reason code is almost always 3489660929.

Everyone is connecting to machines running Windows 10, not necessarily the same build. At home, we all have different setups, whether using a PC, Mac, type of internet, etc.

The only thing that is consistent among all of us is the reason code we are receiving. The issue does not happen at the same time for all of us, leading me to believe it is not the VPN connection dropping.

Any idea what this means?

Thanks.

:)

Daniel Ward dward, May 7, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, May 7, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Remote desktop connection freezes while using any other window

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the remote desktop session freezes when the session is in idle mode. Couple of our users were able to fix the issue by disabling the audio that comes from the Remote session. I suggest you to try disabling the audio for the remote
    desktop and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows key + R, to open
      Run box.
    2. Type mstsc and click on OK.
    3. Now, click con Show Options.
    4. Click on Local Resources.
    5. Click on Settings.
    6. Click on Do not play.
    7. Click on OK and try using the Remote connection now.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in TechNet forums,
    where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Remote Desktop connection.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 7, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Remote Desktop Connection Keeps Freezing

Remote desktop rebooting

Hi,

We may need more information about the issue on the remote desktop that keeps rebooting, kindly respond to the following questions:

• How do you access the remote desktop?
    • Is the process of the connection through a wireless connection?
    We suggest that you check your firewall or antivirus settings if it is blocking the connection between the two devices.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

David Haz, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop Connection Keeps Freezing

1. Remote Desktop Connection Keeps Freezing - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting.: My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-remote-desktop-connection-keeps-disconnecting/88d8b33e-f491-4341-bb4d-8a2f06b20864
  3. My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting.: My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-remote-desktop-connection-keeps-disconnecting/88d8b33e-f491-4341-bb4d-8a2f06b20864
  4. My Remote Desktop Connection keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  6. Remote desktop freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop freezing: Hi, I have two up to date Windows 10 computers without any exotic hardware. They are on the same network but a remote desktop session between the two keeps freezing. Closing and restarting the session fixes the freeze. Using the Remote Desktop App helps reduce the frequency...
  7. my remote desktop keep freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    my remote desktop keep freezing: hi my loveMICrosoft company some of my employer in our company remote desktop keep freezing and they have to close and again remote we use vpn connection for telework and they remote to themeselves system in company i must add both os in windows 10 1909 and we sure...
  8. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop is freezes at startup after windows update

2. 3489660929

3. remote desktop connection freezes

4. remote desktop keeps dropping out,
  5. windows remote desktop keeps freezing,
  6. how come my remote desktop keeps freezing up?,
  7. windows 10 1909 remote desktop freezes,
  8. remote desktop keeps dropping out remote connection,
  9. remote desktop connection freezes windows 10