Windows 10: Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny

Discus and support Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop with windows 10 mainly for remote desk top connection. When I connect to the server remotely the icons and letters are very tiny.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tmohanathas, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny

I bought a new laptop with windows 10 mainly for remote desk top connection. When I connect to the server remotely the icons and letters are very tiny.
    How can I fix this?
    Is there any new app other than microsoft remote desktop connection?

:)

tmohanathas, Feb 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 Small text and Buttons

Hello Michelle,

• My Windows 10 is fully up to date.
    • All drivers are up to date.
    • I started seeing this issue from the moment I purchased the new Yoga 910 laptop. Windows 10 was already installed on it. I did not change anything, it was like that from the first use.

Many program are running in tiny windows and showing extremely tiny texts. For example, Remote Desktop connections to Windows Server 2003 show up in tiny window with very tiny fonts, however, when connecting to Windows Server 2016, Remote Desktop opens up
    in large window with large text.

Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny [​IMG]

Maximizing the window doesn't help, i tried. Skype is also like that, very small text. Another application called SoapUI that is for testing SOAP services, it also opens up in tiny window with extremely tiny text.

This is very troubling, because new versions of Windows are supposed to be better than the previous versions, but instead we are facing these issue with Windows 10 when we didn't see them in Windows 8 or 7.

If you need more diagnostic information, let me know. Can you also let me know if there's someone in Microsoft we can contact for support regarding this issue.

Abdulhamid Afrah, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Remote desktop connection using windows mobile 6

Hello,

I have a scangun that we have setup to connect to our remote desktop server.

The use of the scangun is to read barcodes as input to our remote application.

The connection works. I use remote desktop connection and I can see the

application on the screen of the scangun.

Problem:

When I scan a barcode it scrambles the letters. For example ABCD will show in

my remote application as ADBC. Something interesting is that when I scan

the same string ABCD into windows mobile wordpad it doesn't scramble.

Scrambling only happens over the remote desktop connection.

I remember another scangun I used that had an earlier version of mobile

and there was a place were you could change that setting to not scramble

the barcode when sending it over the remote connection.

I can't find it anywhere in Windows Mobile 6.1 .

Does anybody have experienced this problem and fixed it ?

Thanks.

grassrootsdeveloper, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny

If your running Windows 10 Pro there is a full Remote Desktop utility built in. I use it all the time to remote into my Raspberry Pi. It's under Windows Accessories in the Start Menu. Other than that, open the settings for your current Remote Desktop connection App and see if you can change the screen resolution.

alphanumeric, Feb 4, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Kari, Feb 4, 2016
  6. Hi alphanumeric
    I tried as you mentioned but there is no improvement, still the icons and letters are very tiny

tmohanathas, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Hi Kari
    I tried the part 3 but letters and icons are tiny. Is there any other app other than microsoft RDC where I can connect remotely and see?

tmohanathas, Feb 7, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny

Kari, Feb 7, 2016
  9. Are you using the Remote Desktop App or the actual Remote Desktop Connection that is in Windows Accessories and built into Windows?

alphanumeric, Feb 7, 2016
  10. Kari Win User
    That should be irrelevant regarding the resolution and the size of the remote desktop. Both can be used in borderless full screen mode.

11. Maybe, I don't personally know as I have never used the Remote Desktop App. Just wanted to cover all the bases in case one was different from the other.

alphanumeric, Feb 7, 2016
  12. Kari Win User
    No "Maybe" here, I wouldn't post something like that if it was "Maybe".

The app is fully and freely scalable, screenshots from just now using the MS Remote Desktop App connecting to my HTPC:

Fullscreen with borders:

Borderless fullscreen:

13. Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny

Hi Kari
    When I am on the normal screen I can take screenshot using windows +PrtSc keys. But when I connect to the remote Desktop screen It is not working. I followed the instructions( you sent) and used other keys but none of them are working.
    I tried the snipping tool as well. I can snip the normal screen. When I go to the remote screen I can't bring up the snipping tool on top. it is under the remote screen. the remote screen takes the full screen.
    If I take take a photo of the screen using I phone,will it help you scale to the laptop screen sizes?

tmohanathas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny

1. Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny - Similar Threads - Remote desktop connection

2. tiny letters in search field

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tiny letters in search field: I'm a new user of W11 and a have a really strange problem.I don't understand why the size of the letters in de seachfield are so tiny.Hopefully someone has a solution to fix this.Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language...
  3. tiny letters in search field

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tiny letters in search field: I'm a new user of W11 and a have a really strange problem.I don't understand why the size of the letters in de seachfield are so tiny.Hopefully someone has a solution to fix this.Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language...
  4. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Connection: When I try to connect to a remote server, the RDC doesn't display the existing session. Instead it opens a new session. How do I make it to display the sessions that already exist on the server?...
  6. remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote desktop connection: Hello --- I just installed a norton360 I had on the computer Norton Security and now with N360 I can seem to access that computer using the "remote desktop connection" tool ---- that OS is WIn10/Pro which supports remote access Is there a way to tell if the ports used...
  7. Connecting to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to Remote Desktop: I failed to connect my PC to the remote desktop because of the error: ‘Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a session in progress.’ What is your idea?...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow: I have a Dell Windows 10 Pro pc and a HP Windows 10 Pro pc, which I access remotley using Remote Desktop Connection on a Dell Windows 10 Home Laptop. The remote connection to both pcs were working great until yesterday. Now the connection to the HP pc using the Dell laptop is...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop small letters