Windows 10: "Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone"

Discus and support "Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Why is Remote desktop connection not showing in the list? I have seen it on 2 other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Speech Rec User, May 22, 2020.

1. "Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone"

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Why is Remote desktop connection not showing in the list?

I have seen it on 2 other computers so I feel like it should be there.

"Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone" b3c5b3c0-486e-401b-90ee-5e9d7de4fa7e?upload=true.png

:)

Speech Rec User, May 22, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Mel Tar Win User
    how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, May 22, 2020
  4. "Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone"

Using Remote Desktop to connect to Windows 7 PC from Windows 10 PC

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we'll need the following information:

• What exactly the error message are you getting?
    • How do you set up Remote Desktop connection?
    To check if you are doing it right, make sure Remote Desktop settings is turned on using Windows 10. To check, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Allow remote access to your computer.
    • On the Remote tab,under Remote Assistance, check Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer.
    • Under Remote Desktop, check Allow remote connections to this computer.
    • Click OK.
    To check if Remote Desktop is set up on Windows 7, follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click System.
    • On the left pane, click Remote settings.
    • On the Remote tab, under Remote Assistance, check Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer.
    • Under Remote Desktop, check Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)
    • Click OK.
    Afterwards, you may now go ahead and start the Remote Desktop connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, May 22, 2020
Thema:

"Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone"

1. "Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone" - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?: Hello, I have tried a couple of things to make Remote Desktop Connection work with no results. I verified my firewall and that Remote Desktop was checked, I pinged my works router while connected to the VPN and it works, I unchecked the "only allow connections from...
  3. "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

"Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings: Hi under the microphone privacy settings I have the option to chose which Microsoft store apps can access my microphone however the option to allow desktop apps access is not there. I've installed all avaialble windows updates and been looking for fixes but everything...
  4. Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?

Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?: I found how to disable webcam and mic but I have to disable it for all apps if I want to turn it off Is there a way to only allow specific apps access? I just want one app to be able to access my webcam and mic but not the others...
  5. Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing: Hello, I was trying to fix some settings in our pc and then I remembered that I couldn't use the microphone ingame, so I checked it out in the privacy settings, but when I opened it up I noticed that it didn't have the "Allow desktop apps to access microphone" section. Im...
  6. Remote Desktop Connect - Camera & Microphone

Remote Desktop Connect - Camera & Microphone: Hi there, I am setup with a laptop and have a second monitor connected to it. The laptop has a camera and microphone and I have confirmed they work outside of a remote connection. I connect to a VPN, and then connect remotely to my desktop at work. I have gone in to the...
  7. Remote Desktop Connect - Camera & Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop Connect - Camera & Microphone: Hi there, I am setup with a laptop and have a second monitor connected to it. The laptop has a camera and microphone and I have confirmed they work outside of a remote connection. I connect to a VPN, and then connect remotely to my desktop at work. I have gone in to the...
  8. No Access to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop and is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection not allowing Port Numbers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection not allowing Port Numbers: Hi On previous versions of Windows you could put an IP address : portnumber i.e. 192.168.0.1:1234 Now in Windows 10 it says the : character is an illegal character so how do I define the port number to connect to for a remote desktop connection?? 17740
  10. Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10: How to: Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 How to Remove a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add app to allow desktop apps to access your camera

2. remote desktop access microphone