Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I connect from my laptop to my desktop via Remote Desktop Connection client, the resolution becomes poor - the text is not smooth (the colors look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dudley, Mar 3, 2016.

1. dudley Win User

Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

When I connect from my laptop to my desktop via Remote Desktop Connection client, the resolution becomes poor - the text is not smooth (the colors look OK).

I went to Remote Desktop Connection/Options/Display, colors are set to Highest Quality, all seems to be set properly.

This is not just limited to Win 10, the same happens when I connect from Win 7 machine.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

:)

dudley, Mar 3, 2016
  2. David Snc Win User

Remote desktop Windows 10 - Display issues

I've just tried Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection Manager V2.7.

It displays garbled just as other clients do, however you can select alternate resolutions (I'm guessing the others simply scale the native resolution).

It allows you to select resolutions (under Edit/Properties then Remote Desktop Settings tab). By selecting resolutions other than Full Screen, and reconnecting, the display is fine.

We still need a fix for the "simpler" Remote Desktop app.

David Snc, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Remote Desktop

Hello Patrece,

Remote Desktop Client is a feature designed to provide users with a graphical interface to connect to another computer using a network connection. You can use this to interact and remotely access another computer.

To rectify your concern, we suggest lowering the resolution of the screen you are using to connect your Remote Desktop session. The lower the resolution, the bigger the characters will be displayed on your screen. Once you're done with the session, you can
    change it back to the default resolution.

Let us know about the status pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

1. Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected: I have an application running that is scaled to match resolution of a monitor. It is written to adjust to any monitor resolution. If I establish connection using remote desktop and then start the application, it picks up the Remote Desktop's resolution its settings instead of...
  3. Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected: I have an application running that is scaled to match resolution of a monitor. It is written to adjust to any monitor resolution. If I establish connection using remote desktop and then start the application, it picks up the Remote Desktop's resolution its settings instead of...
  4. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Connection: When I try to connect to a remote server, the RDC doesn't display the existing session. Instead it opens a new session. How do I make it to display the sessions that already exist on the server?...
  6. The quality of the connection to remote computer is poor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The quality of the connection to remote computer is poor: [ATTACH] I have 200mbps internet connection in my home, I get around 95mbps up and down(due to router bottle neck). I feel 100mbps is fairly good enough for remote connection. There is always minor lags in any action in remote desktop. I mean when I type something fast it...
  7. Connecting to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to Remote Desktop: I failed to connect my PC to the remote desktop because of the error: ‘Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a session in progress.’ What is your idea?...
  8. RESOLUTION IS POOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RESOLUTION IS POOR: JUST UPDATED MY DELL PC BUT THE RESOLUTION IS POOR ALTHOUGH I ADJUSTED IT ALREADY. WHAT SHOULD I DO ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-is-poor/aedc5701-d791-44f8-bc51-cd3af3825ddc
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop resolution poor

2. poor text quality via rdp

3. remote desktop connection poor resolution

4. poor resolution when using remotes desktop connection,
  5. remote desk top poor video resolution when in remote desktop connection,
  6. rdp settings for poor connection,
  7. rdp-snc-laptop-1-s,
  8. windows 10 remote desktop is poor resolution,
  9. poor remote desktop connection,
  10. remote desktop poor connection,
  11. poor resolution rdp