Windows 10: Remote desktop connection problem

Discus and support Remote desktop connection problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to use my pc1 by remote desktop connection in pc2. But after entering the IP address and credentials it shows like the below image. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by prasantamohanty, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Remote desktop connection problem

I am trying to use my pc1 by remote desktop connection in pc2. But after entering the IP address and credentials it shows like the below image. After connection, I can't see the sign-in prompt to enter into the pc1 via pc2. So kindly help.

:)

prasantamohanty, Dec 9, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Dec 9, 2021
  4. Remote desktop connection problem

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Remote desktop connection problem

1. Remote desktop connection problem - Similar Threads - Remote desktop connection

2. Remote desktop connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection problem: I am trying to use my pc1 by remote desktop connection in pc2. But after entering the IP address and credentials it shows like the below image. After connection, I can't see the sign-in prompt to enter into the pc1 via pc2. So kindly help....
  3. Remote desktop connection problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop connection problem: I am trying to use my pc1 by remote desktop connection in pc2. But after entering the IP address and credentials it shows like the below image. After connection, I can't see the sign-in prompt to enter into the pc1 via pc2. So kindly help....
  4. remote desktop connection problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote desktop connection problems: I can't access the device from microsoft azure. this gives the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-connection-problems/6855c6b5-0e0f-4ff0-9808-aefc0b549792
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Remote Desktop connection problem: Hi, about 2 weeks ago the Microsoft Remote Desktop OS X and iPhone versions only return with a blue screen with text please wait when I try to connect to my workstation.If I restart the workstation I can connect to it again, but as soon I connect via an another Windows remote...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection - Mouse Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Connection - Mouse Problem: Hey, I'm having a problem with the mouse on RDP via my laptop when it's connected to my personal PC. The problem is that when I enter a game or use a software called Source Filmmaker the mouse doesn't move properly, it point only to the top or to the bottom and flips around...
  7. Remote Desktop connection problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop connection problems: Hi all, I have a problem with connecting using Remote Desktop on my computers. Lets call them Desktop and Laptop. Desktop is running Win10 Pro. I want to connect to Desktop using Laptop, but my credentials keep failing. I am using the same Microsoft account on both computers,...
  8. Microsoft Remote Desktop connection problem

Microsoft Remote Desktop connection problem: Hi there, It happened many times, when I connect to RDC, the blue screen appears with "Please wait", then the blank screen appears. The blank screen will be there no matter how long I wait until I have to exit from RDC by the blue bar on top, try to re-entries many times...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection problems

Remote Desktop Connection problems: New thread. I did not want to clutter up the one I was in any more after being advised it was borderline hijack. My apologies. Problem I am facing seems simple to me, but apparently is not: I run a research facility at a university. I have 2 computers, 1 LAB desktop that...
  10. remote desktop connection problem ...

remote desktop connection problem ...: disconnect 1-2 min say "login another user" i have win 10 pro im change remote resvices session time limit and another method but not solved.... my englis is bad sory for this... 24493