Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I wish to configure Remote Desktop Connection on my Home Network running under Win 10 Home, ver 1903 (Build 18362.476). Allow Remote Assistant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YvesB, Nov 22, 2019.

1. YvesB Win User

Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing

Hi,

I wish to configure Remote Desktop Connection on my Home Network running under Win 10 Home, ver 1903 (Build 18362.476).

Allow Remote Assistant Connections are enable on each PC. However my Laptop displays SELECT USER button in the Remote Desktop Settings, but my Desktop is missing the SELECT USER.

Why is that button/feature missing on my desktop since each PCs are running the same exact version of Windows?

What can I do to fix this.

Note that my desktop is the PC I wish to access from my laptop.

Thanks,

DESKTOP

Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing 7d334f08-0763-4121-bf69-127a9cefa35c?upload=true.png

LAPTOP

Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing cced0090-8e40-4acc-9df2-070d1476b7c8?upload=true.png

:)

YvesB, Nov 22, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing

Windows 10 Remote Desktop - The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote logon

Hi Bill,

I would suggest you to check the suggestions provided in the section "Why can’t I connect using Remote Desktop Connection?" in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/remote-desktop-connection-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Though this article is for Windows 8.1, the steps mentioned are similar in Windows 10.

Bennet Martin, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing

1. Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection: I have a brand new, Lenovo Windows 11 Pro 23H2 workstation fresh out of the box. Everything working great EXCEPT Remote Desktop Connection. When I try to open RDP, I get the message "the system cannot find the file specified" C:\\Windows\System32\<LANG_NAME>\mstc.exe.MUIThis...
  3. System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection: I have a brand new, Lenovo Windows 11 Pro 23H2 workstation fresh out of the box. Everything working great EXCEPT Remote Desktop Connection. When I try to open RDP, I get the message "the system cannot find the file specified" C:\\Windows\System32\<LANG_NAME>\mstc.exe.MUIThis...
  4. Remote desktop connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote...: Good morning,I have been working on this problem more than a day, I am exhausted and I wonder if someone can help me... Thank you.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program...
  5. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Connection: When I try to connect to a remote server, the RDC doesn't display the existing session. Instead it opens a new session. How do I make it to display the sessions that already exist on the server?...
  7. Connecting to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to Remote Desktop: I failed to connect my PC to the remote desktop because of the error: ‘Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a session in progress.’ What is your idea?...
  8. remote desktop users

remote desktop users: I have a problem in that i user disconnects the other user, more detail below: The main pc (called Server-pc) has 3 users, 'administrator', 'owner' and 'client'. another computer has 1 user (client) when the 'owner' is using the server-pc and the another pc user on pc...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...