Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection takes about 5 minutes to connect with windows server 2016

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection takes about 5 minutes to connect with windows server 2016 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, We have a problem with Remote Desktop Connection. The connection towards the server takes about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the login screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Koert Peeters, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Remote Desktop Connection takes about 5 minutes to connect with windows server 2016

Hello,

We have a problem with Remote Desktop Connection.

The connection towards the server takes about 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes the login screen pops up.

Now we can login to the server.

There is only one person who is having this particular problem in our company.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

:)

Koert Peeters, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. remote desktop connection help

hey i am trying to conect to a friends computer to help her with some stuff, but i cant get the windows remote desktop connection thing to work. and we tried the remote assistance thing with windows messenger also. she accepts the connection and there is supposed to ba a window that pops up and says yes i want to allow this connection but nothing happend. i have tried to do it with my room mates computer aswell and for some reason i cant get it. any ideas??? *Bang Head :banghead:

acousticlemur, Nov 29, 2018
  4. bacusa Win User

Remote Desktop Connection takes about 5 minutes to connect with windows server 2016

Remote desktop connection

I was having a problem with my remote desktop where I would connect but only see a black screen and the remote desktop program would hang for 5-10 minutes before giving me a message that an "Internal error has occurred"

RESOLVED THE PROBLEM- by changing the color depth of the remote session from Highest Quality (32bit) to True Color (24bit) . Show Options->Display->Colors "Choose the color depth of the remote session"

Hope this helps someone Remote Desktop Connection takes about 5 minutes to connect with windows server 2016 :)

Running window 10 connecting to windows 2008 server

bacusa, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Remote Desktop Connection takes about 5 minutes to connect with windows server 2016

1. Remote Desktop Connection takes about 5 minutes to connect with windows server 2016 - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Remote Desktop License server connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop License server connection issue: Having an issue with an RD Session host connecting to our RD licensing server, policies in place, other servers can connect without issue.The licensing diagnoser reports that the license server doesn't have any installed licenses, but the section that I'm trying to understand...
  3. remote desktop access window server 2016.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote desktop access window server 2016.: Hi i'm Arslan , i have question related to remote desktop access window server 2016. when i try to access remotely ,after authenticating it pop ups the message : access denied. kindly reply me as soon as possible ,thanks in advance....
  4. remote desktop access window server 2016.

remote desktop access window server 2016.: Hi i'm Arslan , i have question related to remote desktop access window server 2016. when i try to access remotely ,after authenticating it pop ups the message : access denied. kindly reply me as soon as possible ,thanks in advance....
  5. Issues with Remote Desktop Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Remote Desktop Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016: Hi all,I'm having troubles configuring RD Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016.The initial setup on the first Connection Broker worked well, using a shared database server configuration.However, if I'm now trying to add the second Connection, I receive...
  6. Issues with Remote Desktop Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016

Issues with Remote Desktop Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016: Hi all,I'm having troubles configuring RD Connection Broker High Availability on Windows Server 2016.The initial setup on the first Connection Broker worked well, using a shared database server configuration.However, if I'm now trying to add the second Connection, I receive...
  7. Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016: Is there a installer for Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016 for the setup of multi users in our citrix environment?We need to have Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop in our hosted shared desktop and the available installer is...
  8. Not connecting to remote server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not connecting to remote server: Please help me , some programmes say unable to connect while some connect without problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-connecting-to-remote-server/761f69ad-f0b2-41e3-9e41-150ea131e262
  9. Takes about 5 minutes to establish internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Takes about 5 minutes to establish internet connection: Hi. Windows 10 on latest available build. Running wired to my Asus RT-AX88U router. When I turn on my PC and log in to my user (or any user), I see I have no internet connection. I log in to my router's admin page and the router shows it's already connected and was never...
  10. Unable to connect to Remote Computer using Remote Desktop after updating Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to connect to Remote Computer using Remote Desktop after updating Windows Server 2016: After download of monthly update to server 2016 and restarting ,remote desktop cannot connect to rempte computer. Need help urgently ***Original title: After download of monthly update and restarting,remote desktop cannot connect to rempte computer***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp connection takes minutes to connect