Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection the old one stopped accepting password

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection the old one stopped accepting password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Remote Desktop Connection, the old app that allows file transfer, stopped working. It connects and displays a desktop with the credentials prompt but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmyHughes1, May 25, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop Connection the old one stopped accepting password

Remote Desktop Connection, the old app that allows file transfer, stopped working. It connects and displays a desktop with the credentials prompt but it tells me the user name or password are incorrect.

A machine that has not had Windows update run in a couple months is working fine.

The Windows Store version of the Remote Desktop app works fine, but doesn't allow file transfer.

What did Windows update break?

:)

AmyHughes1, May 25, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, May 25, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Mel Tar Win User

Remote Desktop Connection the old one stopped accepting password

how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop Connection the old one stopped accepting password

1. Remote Desktop Connection the old one stopped accepting password - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Old Microsoft account password still accepted as Windows desktop login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Old Microsoft account password still accepted as Windows desktop login?: Hi all, I have a quick question regarding password changes. I changed my password for my Microsoft account a few days ago, and as always, I had to re-enter/update it on other devices and apps, like my Xbox, Microsoft Store, this Microsoft Community site, etc. However, I...
  3. The remote source won't accept the connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The remote source won't accept the connection: hey guys, I am a user of windows 10 pro. from last 3 to 4 months when I try to open YouTube in any browser google chrome, Microsoft edge , Mozilla Firefox etc. , it says that this site cannot be reached YouTube reused to connect. when troubleshoot the problem it came the the...
  4. The connection is not accepted by the remote device or resource.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The connection is not accepted by the remote device or resource.: I get this since I moved my pc. The internet works everywhere, except for the Microsoft store or Epic games launcher. I tried about every solution there is and I still get this. How can i fix this? submitted by /u/Fusion63 [link] [comments]...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password: I setup all the computers in my house to have the same username and no password - all of them boot up and go directly to the desktop without any need to login. Each one is a Local Account and is Administrator. When I setup remote desktop under User Accounts it specifically...
  6. Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections

Local Windows not accepting Remote Desktop connections: I recently installed an update and my local Windows installation stopped accepting Remote Desktop connections. I followed some of the steps I found in similar questions in this forum without success: Added RDesktop to the allowed applications in the Windows Firewall, and...
  7. Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.: Hello, I am using mobile network hotspot to connect from my HomePC to a remote machine through VPN. I do not face any issues when I try to connect through Vodafone network where the speed is around just 8-9 Mbps but I could not connect through other networks like Three/EE...
  8. Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept...: When connecting from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the RD app, I get a message "Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords". My password has not expired (I tried changing it and using the new password), and I am definitely not...
  9. Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password

Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password: So I have multiple devices on the same microsoft account. Because of the location of my media server, I usually log in to it via Remote Desktop from my main PC. Since changing the password on my microsoft account, and going through the 5 devices that use the same account...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection without password

Remote Desktop Connection without password: Do you think we will ever be able to do a remote desktop connection when the other computer has no password? Have two computer on same local network,will not let me connect because no password on other computer.I had no problems when the other computer was windows7? Has...