Windows 10: Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM

Discus and support Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Android 8 virtual machine running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. However I am unable to get sound working on the Android VM. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wysneus, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Wysneus Win User

Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM

I have an Android 8 virtual machine running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. However I am unable to get sound working on the Android VM. I have tried absolutely everything I could find on google with no success. Some write ups say I must connect to the VM through RDP instead of Hyper-V manager. I have googled how to do that and again tried everything I could find, again with no success. Apparently I must install some kind of RD client on the Android VM. I have tried Microsoft Remote Desktop. It installs on the Android, but it does not run. Chrome Remote Desktop does run on the Android, but it does not connect to my host.

So please, can anyone tell me step by step what I have to do to either get sound working on my Android 8 VM connected through the Hyper-V manager, or to connect to the Android 8 VM through RDP.

:)

Wysneus, Oct 26, 2020
  2. RFT OB1 Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problem with Virtual Machine

We made the big mistake of configuring a WINDOWS-10 VM to allow for Remote Desktop Connections. We are unable to disassociate the VM from RDM. We can no longer access the VM!!! The following is the pertinenet
    information:

• Server is running Windows-10 Professional 64 with Hyper-V installed.
    • VM is Windows-10 Professional 64.
    • In VM allowed Remote Desktop Connections.
    • From server successfully connected to VM via RDM.
    • Closed RDM connection. Unable to access VM.
    • Turned off VM from Hyper-V Manager.
    • Attempted to restart VM, unable to connect via Hyper-V from message box the following is displayed:

Video Remoting was disconnected. The virtual maching is currently using the Remote X 3D video adapter. A user is currently connected via Remote Desktop Connect to the virtual machine by using Remote Desktop Connection.
    • Connected via Remote Desktop Connection. Attempted to turn off allowing Remote Desktop Connection. VM hung.
    • VM Wouldn't turn off via Hyper-V manager.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Unable to connect via console or RDM.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Deleted VM via Hyper-V Manager.
    • Restored VM system disk from backup prior to RDM usage.
    • Created new VM. the messages in itm 7 above are displayed.
    What can be done to recover? Why does Hyper-V retain a broken connection?

RFT OB1, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote access to Hyper-V VM

Remote desktop connection to virtual machines works exactly the same way than connection to physical machines. In screenshot, I am remoting to a Hyper-V VM on another computer just now:

Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM [​IMG]

Notice that if VM is using Default Switch for network connection (virtual NIC), it puts the VM behind NAT and remote desktop connection does not work. To remote to a VM, it must use a user created External Switch for networking.

4. roy111 Win User

Manage remote Hyper-V machine

I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup:

Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine
    laptop with hyper-v management

what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch
    hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management
    would be more convenient but i cannot connect to the desktop hyper-v
    from the laptop (i.e. i cannot browse the VM list, start/stop etc.)

is it possible to connect to remote hyper-v service using hyper-v management only with win 10 pro?
    it seems to me that it can only be done with a server infrastructure

thanks

roy111, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop connection

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Unable to connect to vm's in Hyper V Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect to vm's in Hyper V Manager: Please help, i have installed hyper v manager and created virtual machines .While i click the connect option and it loads for a 5 seconds and then disappears . I have tried vmconnect too also , but same result. Tried Hyper V Quick create and it is crashing . While i check...
  5. Remote access to Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Remote access to Hyper-V VM: I have a Hyper-V VM created with a Windows OS running in it. Is there a way I can connect to the VM via Remote Desktop from a computer other than the host computer? Thanks! John 130025
  6. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  7. VM connection issue with Hyper-V

VM connection issue with Hyper-V: I have had this long standing issue with Hyper-V VMconnection as follows. Sometimes I have a VM in a window, and I go to maximise it to full screen, but the windows 10 display part does no resize to full Window. Ok that is usually sorted by clicking the Hyper-V control bar...
  8. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  9. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...