Windows 10: Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

Discus and support Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, Can anyone help me with the below issue please, For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WoebegoneKey39, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

Hello there,

Can anyone help me with the below issue please,

For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can connect this from my laptop. Recently got a new Desktop so, wanted to connect to my work virtual computer from my desktop.

Can someone please help me.

Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection 951f2397-fd80-4f59-9b90-3734cc32bbda?upload=true.png

:)

WoebegoneKey39, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Feb 3, 2019
  3. RNielsen Win User
    Need help Windows 10 VPN and Remote Desktop Connection

When your using a VPN connection to create an remote desktop connection to your work PC

The RRAS (Routing and Remote Access Server) vill assign you a uniqe port number.

That port number is between 49152 - 65535.

So in order for the remote desktop connection to work, you need to add that port range allong with port 3389, in your firewall allow list

Here is how it works, and the port numbers:

Home PC----3389---VPN ---3389---Company Router/Firewall---3389---RRAS---49152-65535---Work PC

RNielsen, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

WM6.5 - Remote desktop over VPN

So i am trying to access a server on my network using my MW6.5 remote desktop over a VPN-connection

These are the issues i have:

• Remote desktop connects locally but not remote
    • VPN is working for Active Sync but not Remote Desktop
    • I have tried to access the remote client using only Remote desktop, and also tried to start the VPN-connection manually but there is no go
    Remote desktop works perfectly locally but as soon as i am outside the network it don't work.
    I use the same VPN-settings as for my Active Sync (pushmail from my exchange) and i am also trying to access the exchange server... that is, the same IP is used for both Active Sync and Remote Desktop.

I would guess that since Active Sync activelly start the VPN-connection when it tries to sync my email Remote Desktop would do the same when i use it - but no!

I am using a localized HTC HD Mini (swedish), we have a cisco VPN-concentrator, server is running Windows Server 2008 R2. I would like to know how to make this work.
    (if i missed some info needed i will supply what is asked for)

Robert Österlund, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

1. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop connection

2. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  3. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  4. Remote Desktop on Mac OS not connecting over VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop on Mac OS not connecting over VPN: I am trying to log onto my work computer via remote desktop. I always use remote desktop at work to this computer because it doesnt have a montior. The computer is findable over the network and has remote desktop activated. But when I try to connect via remote desktop on my...
  5. Remote Desktop on Mac OS not connecting over VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop on Mac OS not connecting over VPN: I am trying to log onto my work computer via remote desktop. I always use remote desktop at work to this computer because it doesnt have a montior. The computer is findable over the network and has remote desktop activated. But when I try to connect via remote desktop on my...
  6. Remote Desktop on Mac OS not connecting over VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected: elloI Purchase HP Laptop Spectre Windows 10 Home editionNow My PC Configuration VPN in My Machine, Also Update Group Policy Configuration Then I want to connect remote server in my office PC then Getting ErrorPlease Check it and give me feed back ThanksAlpesh Patel...
  8. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  9. Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...
  10. Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...