Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Windows 10 Pro pc and a HP Windows 10 Pro pc, which I access remotley using Remote Desktop Connection on a Dell Windows 10 Home Laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DCassidy2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. DCassidy2 Win User

Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow

I have a Dell Windows 10 Pro pc and a HP Windows 10 Pro pc, which I access remotley using Remote Desktop Connection on a Dell Windows 10 Home Laptop. The remote connection to both pcs were working great until yesterday. Now the connection to the HP pc using the Dell laptop is so slow, I can't use it. When it first connects it hangs on a black screen for ages, then shows the desktop, but does not respond to the mouse clicks, or does so so slowly. Sometimes shows a blue screen with waiting or locking.

Both remote pcs have the same build: Windows 10 Pro, version 1809, installed on the 13/12/2018 and os build 17763.195.

I have tried the Remote Desktop Connection on an Acer Windows 10 Home Laptop and the Dell and HP connections work well. This is also the case using Remote Desktop Connection on my Android phone.

Any suggestions please.

:)

DCassidy2, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Remote Desktop very slow over LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop very slow over LAN: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 many years back, I started noticing that RDP performance was worse than in Windows 7 and 8.1. Currently -- after upgrading to Windows 11 -- RDP sessions created over a 1 Gbps wired LAN are even slower to the point that I often see image...
  3. Remote Desktop very slow over LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop very slow over LAN: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 many years back, I started noticing that RDP performance was worse than in Windows 7 and 8.1. Currently -- after upgrading to Windows 11 -- RDP sessions created over a 1 Gbps wired LAN are even slower to the point that I often see image...
  4. Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow: Hi all,My desktop uses Ethernet cable for internet as it has no wifi card. As of a month ago, the internet seemingly connected instantly when I would start up my computer allowing for the few startup programs I do run to open and run fine. However, the last month or so it has...
  5. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection is slow and unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Connection is slow and unresponsive: When using RDC to remote into W10 Pro latest build and fully updated from W10 Ent latest build and fully updated, the connection is extremely slow or completely unresponsive. I can remote into Server 2012 from the W10 Ent machine without an issue and I can remote into the...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection is slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Connection is slow: Dear Community I have a new Microsoft Surface X Pro with a Windows 10ARM OS. Furthermore, for a secure VPN, I use CISCO AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 32bit since the 64bit version is not working with Windows 10ARM.Unfortunately, I experienced a slow connection to my...
  8. Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803: Since v1803, whenever I try to log in locally after a remote desktop session, my screen changes to blue for up to 5 minutes before I can see the desktop. This is on a custom built desktop with a ryzen 7 cpu. I did a clean install of v1803 to see if that would fix the issue,...
  9. Remote Desktop Slow To Connect

Remote Desktop Slow To Connect: Running a windows 10 computer.Running headless controling with I Pad Air with Remote Desktop.On start up Remote Desktop takes a extremely long time to connect.Any way to speed up connection ?Thanks 66857
  10. Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny

Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny: I bought a new laptop with windows 10 mainly for remote desk top connection. When I connect to the server remotely the icons and letters are very tiny. How can I fix this? Is there any new app other than microsoft remote desktop connection? 39790

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop slow

2. windows remote desktop very slow

3. remote desktop connection is slow

4. remote desktop is slow,
  5. remote desktop conection slow,
  6. remote desktop slow connection,
  7. remote desktop really slow,
  8. remote desktop connection slow,
  9. remote desktop connection is very slow,
  10. remote desktop connection really slow,
  11. remote desk top is slow,