Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Remote desktop connection does not work. The host computer is running Win 10 Pro with remote desktop enabled. My remote computer is running Win 10. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dino Equi, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Dino Equi Win User

Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10

Remote desktop connection does not work. The host computer is running Win 10 Pro with remote desktop enabled. My remote computer is running Win 10. My Internet Provider is Cox and I use a cox modem. I also use an ASUS RT-N66W router. This architecture has been working on and off, for a few years. When it is down, I always check with Cox to confirm the connection is up through the modem. It always is, which I also check by connecting to the internet. I also check that no Win updates to either computer is available, if there are, I download them. After several attempts including shutting down th

:)

Dino Equi, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. dudley Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

When I connect from my laptop to my desktop via Remote Desktop Connection client, the resolution becomes poor - the text is not smooth (the colors look OK).

I went to Remote Desktop Connection/Options/Display, colors are set to Highest Quality, all seems to be set properly.

This is not just limited to Win 10, the same happens when I connect from Win 7 machine.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

dudley, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10

1. Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10 - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10: Remote desktop connection does not work. The host computer is running Win 10 Pro with remote desktop enabled. My remote computer is running Win 10. My Internet Provider is Cox and I use a cox modem. I also use an ASUS RT-N66W router. This architecture has been working on and...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection, Win 10: Remote desktop connection does not work. The host computer is running Win 10 Pro with remote desktop enabled. My remote computer is running Win 10. My Internet Provider is Cox and I use a cox modem. I also use an ASUS RT-N66W router. This architecture has been working on and...
  4. Disable Remote Desktop - Win 10

Disable Remote Desktop - Win 10: Within File Explorer, I just noticed what appears to be a remote machine, connected to my local machine, via the Network architecture. When I select Network, a single machine appears. When I right mouse click on it, I am presented with an option to "Connect With Remote...
  5. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  6. remote desktop win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote desktop win 10: hi i have a client that used to login but changed his ip address to a dns, now it keeps asking for the password where would i find or edit this password please???? thank you...
  7. Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home

Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home: Last week I set up, and used, the Remote Desktop utility for Windows 10 Home, but I have been trying to access in now and coming up with this message [img] I have restarted my system, I have reinstalled the RDPWrap file, checked the Firewall settings...nothing works....
  8. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection on Win 10 does not conenct

Remote Desktop Connection on Win 10 does not conenct: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home edition and I am using the Remote Desktop Connection, but the RDC does not connect to the same computers hat I used to connect with Windows 8.1. I have enabled RDC to go through the firewall, but that did not help. I am also trying to use the...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...