Windows 10: Remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window.

Discus and support Remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can connect to the remote desktop as usual and do what I need to do. However, when I minimized the remote desktop screen (still connected) and do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zwj808, Mar 21, 2019.

1. zwj808 Win User

Remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window.

I can connect to the remote desktop as usual and do what I need to do.

However, when I minimized the remote desktop screen (still connected) and do something else, then switching back to the remote desktop screen, I can only see blank screen.

In this case, no matter how long I wait, the remote desktop will not come back, unless I close the connection and do it again. Then I can see the desktop.

What should I do to troubleshoot this problem?

Both machine are running windows 10 pro 1809.

:)

zwj808, Mar 21, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window.

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window.

1. Remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window. - Similar Threads - Remote desktop connection

2. Remote Desktop Minimizing from mouse gesture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Minimizing from mouse gesture: Hello,I'm having a weird problem lately. It's hard to Google for an issue like this, because I get a bunch of unrelated topics about RDP and mouse issues. I have a Dell Latitude 5410 running Windows 11 that I use to Remote Desktop via Citrix Workspace into another Dell laptop...
  3. Remote Desktop Minimizing from mouse gesture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Minimizing from mouse gesture: Hello,I'm having a weird problem lately. It's hard to Google for an issue like this, because I get a bunch of unrelated topics about RDP and mouse issues. I have a Dell Latitude 5410 running Windows 11 that I use to Remote Desktop via Citrix Workspace into another Dell laptop...
  4. Remote Desktop Minimizing from mouse gesture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. remote desktop blank screen issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote desktop blank screen issue: I recently bought lenovo s540 laptop. But I am not able to view my remote machine screen after connection is established. With my old laptop I am able to view my remote desktop screen. laptop configuration: [ATTACH] remote screen: [ATTACH] error: Getting this error...
  6. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  7. Remote Desktop - Stay connected after restarting the remote

Remote Desktop - Stay connected after restarting the remote: Hi All, I'm using Windows 10 Pro I'm using remote desktop to access my laptop from my PC. Sometimes I need to restart my laptop and I lose the remote connection. I then have to enter credentials again (password and laptop name) to access my laptop. My question is - Is...
  8. weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing

weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing: Hello, I have a laptop & desktop - both running Windows 10 Pro latest. I daily RDP from my laptop to Desktop for last few years and no issues at all. Today I find this weird problem where I'm able to RDP to my desktop but if I minimize the RDP window (or keep it idle for...
  9. weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing

in Windows 10 Support
    weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing: Hello, I have a laptop & desktop - both running Windows 10 Pro latest. I daily RDP from my laptop to Desktop for last few years and no issues at all. Today I find this weird problem where I'm able to RDP to my desktop but if I minimize the RDP window (or keep it idle for...
  10. After Remote Desktop Connection No Wallpaper

After Remote Desktop Connection No Wallpaper: I can do a remote desktop connection to my Win 10 Pro x64 system with no issues. But the next time I log in to that system locally my wallpaper doesn't show. It just shows the default solid black color. My wallpaper is still selected under Personalize, but it's not showing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window.