Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection without password

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection without password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Do you think we will ever be able to do a remote desktop connection when the other computer has no password? Have two computer on same local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zplugger, Mar 17, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

Remote Desktop Connection without password

Do you think we will ever be able to do a remote desktop connection when the other computer has no password? Have two computer on same local network,will not let me connect because no password on other computer.I had no problems when the other computer was windows7? Has anyone found a work around for this?

:)

zplugger, Mar 17, 2016
  2. PKazza Win User

Remote Desktop - Windows 10

The only way Remote Desktop works without a password is to have the remote end user logged off before you connect.

PKazza, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Remote desktop disconnected 1-2 secs after connection

- The remote user password is empty , so I enabled the "Login with empty password" in the local security policies

There seems to be a problem with Windows 10, blank login passwords and remote desktop connection. I used to also edit the policies to allow blank password logins which are not from local console.

If you revert back to 'limit blank password logons to local console only' and give the remote computer a password ... everything will work fine and remote desktop does not disconnect.

I know maybe you did not want to give your remote computer a password but this is the only way remote desktop will work without disconnecting

I hope this helps!

theartistisblue, Mar 17, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection by default requires a password to be used to protect you and your computer. It is, in all honesty, an extremely bad idea to use any device over the network without password protection.

That being said, the easy way to achieve what you want to is to change the value of the DWORD LimitBlankPasswordUse in registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa to 0 (False) . By default it is 1 (True), requiring a password to be used.

5. zplugger Win User
    Thanks Kari
    You are very correct on this,but I have a local home network. I did change the LimitBlankPassword to 0 and it still will not let me log on?

zplugger, Mar 17, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    You must change the DWORD value on the remote host (the PC you are trying to connect to), not on the remote client (the PC used to connect to remote host).

In addition, the remote host must run Windows 10 Pro, Education or Enterprise edition, you cannot use Remote Desktop to connect to Windows 10 Home. The incoming remote connections must be allowed on the remote host.

If all the above is true and your computers are on the same subnet, it works for 100% sure.

Tutorial: RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC - Windows 10 Forums

7. zplugger Win User
    Thanks for info
    I did change it on the remote computer that I want to connect with, both computers are Windows10 Pro.

zplugger, Mar 17, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

And you have allowed incoming remote connections on the remote host?

9. zplugger Win User
    Yes It will connect as Other User,after about 15 sec I get this

Remote Desktop Connection without password [​IMG]

zplugger, Mar 17, 2016
  10. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection is not designed to work without passwords. Auto logon is another issue, a Windows PC with a single user account with no password logs the user automatically in. This creates issues with RDC.

I recommend creating a password for the user account on remote host used for remote connections.

11. zplugger Win User
    So is it possible not to have password when computer starts,but have a password to do a remote connection.Want the computer to boot to desktop without using a log in password,would not having have a problem if password is needed for remote desktop connection. Not sure if this is possible?

zplugger, Mar 17, 2016
  12. zplugger Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection is not designed to work without passwords, Will Microsoft change this so we can remotely log on home network with password. Have one computer on network with windows7 and it works perfect,all others windows 10 and can't connect. We should have a option on this.

zplugger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop Connection without password - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.: At home I setup a new windows 10 machine installed all OS updates and a new router. I got all the settings down to use Microsoft Remote Desktop from my Macbook and it worked like a charm. I took the setup to the installation site and of course Remote Desktop could no longer...
  3. Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.: At home I setup a new windows 10 machine installed all OS updates and a new router. I got all the settings down to use Microsoft Remote Desktop from my Macbook and it worked like a charm. I took the setup to the installation site and of course Remote Desktop could no longer...
  4. ms remote desktop without internet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms remote desktop without internet connection?: I want to use ms remote desktop to control a computer mounted on my remote telescope, but I have no internet connection. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-remote-desktop-without-internet-connection/f8d345d2-a82f-4896-8b0f-9e9c38707487
  5. ms remote desktop without internet connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms remote desktop without internet connection?: I want to use ms remote desktop to control a computer mounted on my remote telescope, but I have no internet connection. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-remote-desktop-without-internet-connection/f8d345d2-a82f-4896-8b0f-9e9c38707487
  6. ms remote desktop without internet connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password

Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password: I setup all the computers in my house to have the same username and no password - all of them boot up and go directly to the desktop without any need to login. Each one is a Local Account and is Administrator. When I setup remote desktop under User Accounts it specifically...
  8. How to access remote desktop without user password ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to access remote desktop without user password ?: How to access remote desktop without user password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-remote-desktop-without-user-password/dcb7a174-9fd7-46b1-9d65-b4abfd8e3c92"
  9. Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password

Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password: I have a Win10 point of sale station that I don't want to have any Windows logon requirements. The POS software will require a log in to operate the cash register. To enable remote desktop I was forced to create a password for the user logon. The problem is if I remote into...
  10. Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password: I have a Win10 point of sale station that I don't want to have any Windows logon requirements. The POS software will require a log in to operate the cash register. To enable remote desktop I was forced to create a password for the user logon. The problem is if I remote into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop without password

2. remote desktop with now passsword

3. allow windows remote without pass word

4. without password remote connection,
  5. windows remote desktop without password,
  6. remote desktop no password windows 10 LimitBlankPasswordUse ,
  7. windows remote desktop password to computer with no password,
  8. login to remote desktop without password,
  9. How to login to Remote Desktop Connection Without a Password