Windows 10: Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime

Discus and support Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a custom PC New with Core i7, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050ti graphics card on gigabyte board B460m motherboard. I have windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhanindraKasturi, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime

Hi,

I have a custom PC New with Core i7, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050ti graphics card on gigabyte board B460m motherboard.

I have windows 10 pro on my custom PC and my laptop surface pro 4.

Custom PC doesn't have a monitor but connects to a full HD tv if required.

Both systems have the latest windows updates.

both machines are exclusively used for development only, with zero chance of malware or viruses.

This custom PC has a separate static IP internet connection.

My laptop using wifi and PC are not on different networks.

All network connections are at least 50Mbps, so no chance of slow internet.

When I start the custom PC I am able to connect using remote desktop from my laptop.

maybe because at that time it is connected to the TV as a monitor ?

Nobody else is connected to this PC, but not sure what happens after some time maybe after 2-3 hrs

I am not able to connect using remote desktop from my laptop.

When I start the Remote Desktop app.

I could see establishing remote connection successfully, checking display quality, and then see a message configuring remote session but after this, I get the error message "Remote desktop services session has ended"

Checked firewall, remote desktop settings, group policies, power settings, sleep settings, registry settings, Nvidia settings whatever is recommended on the internet.

still remote desktop fails after initial success.

Note: custom PC is configured for windows insider program beta channel and has latest 2020h2 update

Trying to solve this for more than a month and I am out of ideas and energy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Phanindra Kasturi

:)

PhanindraKasturi, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Bree Win User
    Failing to set up remote desktop connection.

Welcome to TenForums Slicey

When you enabled RDC on the W7 PC, did you add the W7 user account you intend to use to the list of users allowed remote access to the W7 PC? (required if the user isn't an administrator)

Also, make sure you didn't select 'Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication', that won't work on a home network.

Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime [​IMG]

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...top-connection

4. Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime

1. Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Remote Desktop Connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection not working: Hi, I just downloaded Windows 11 pro in order to access my desktop at work from home both computers have pro. I'm the only user on both. I have followed all the steps, multiple times, and it simply does not work. I'd appreciate any help to get this working as this was the...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection not working: Hi, I just downloaded Windows 11 pro in order to access my desktop at work from home both computers have pro. I'm the only user on both. I have followed all the steps, multiple times, and it simply does not work. I'd appreciate any help to get this working as this was the...
  4. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  5. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  6. Remote desktop connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection not working: Hi I am trying to connect my home laptop to a work laptop my User account is the admin on both laptops via the Remote desktop connection. I am able to connect remotely under the same network work wifi, but still trying to find a way to connect when under different networks....
  7. Remote desktop connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection not working: Hi I am trying to connect my home laptop to a work laptop my User account is the admin on both laptops via the Remote desktop connection. I am able to connect remotely under the same network work wifi, but still trying to find a way to connect when under different networks....
  8. Remote Desktop Connection not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection not working: I'm trying to connect my PC to my IOS device using remote desktop connection but I cant seem to connect, it's saying that there is already an active console connection even though there isn't. Any fix for this?...
  9. Remote desktop connection not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop connection not working: Hey, I am working on my personal pc and want to connect to my company's vm byt whenever I'm entering the VM name I am encountering an error which says remote control is turned off or not available on the network....
  10. remote desktop connection not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote desktop connection not working: Hi, I'm trying to connect to my PC from my Android device remotely (via Microsoft RDP app), using a dns server (from dynu.net). Through LAN (same network), I can connect without a problem, but through WAN (outside of the local network) I get an error 0x3000062. RDP is...