Windows 10: remote desktop connection works only one direction

Discus and support remote desktop connection works only one direction in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My remote desktop connection works from desktop to laptop but not from laptop to desktop. Both using windows 10 pro. Can not figure out why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonHP, Jun 11, 2020.

1. RonHP Win User

remote desktop connection works only one direction

My remote desktop connection works from desktop to laptop but not from laptop to desktop. Both using windows 10 pro. Can not figure out why?

:)

RonHP, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. remote desktop connection works only one direction - Similar Threads - remote desktop connection

2. Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...: Hello.I have an issue with Windows 10 RDP.I have 2 computers on a local network, Computer B and computer C. I connect to this network using a VPN solution.Computer B has a username and password. I have no problems connecting to this computer.Computer C doesnt have a password,...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection not working: Hi, I just downloaded Windows 11 pro in order to access my desktop at work from home both computers have pro. I'm the only user on both. I have followed all the steps, multiple times, and it simply does not work. I'd appreciate any help to get this working as this was the...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection not working: Hi, I just downloaded Windows 11 pro in order to access my desktop at work from home both computers have pro. I'm the only user on both. I have followed all the steps, multiple times, and it simply does not work. I'd appreciate any help to get this working as this was the...
  5. Remote desktop connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection not working: Hi I am trying to connect my home laptop to a work laptop my User account is the admin on both laptops via the Remote desktop connection. I am able to connect remotely under the same network work wifi, but still trying to find a way to connect when under different networks....
  6. Remote desktop connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection not working: Hi I am trying to connect my home laptop to a work laptop my User account is the admin on both laptops via the Remote desktop connection. I am able to connect remotely under the same network work wifi, but still trying to find a way to connect when under different networks....
  7. Remote Desktop Connection not working

Remote Desktop Connection not working: I'm trying to connect my PC to my IOS device using remote desktop connection but I cant seem to connect, it's saying that there is already an active console connection even though there isn't. Any fix for this?...
  8. Remote desktop connection not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop connection not working: Hey, I am working on my personal pc and want to connect to my company's vm byt whenever I'm entering the VM name I am encountering an error which says remote control is turned off or not available on the network....
  9. File Sharing works only in one direction

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Sharing works only in one direction: Hello people, I have one laptop and one desktop. Both with the latest windows updates and connected to the same wifi network. They both have the same settings in the "Advanced Sharing Settings" (turned on network discovery, file and printer sharing for private networks, the...
  10. remote desktop connection not working

remote desktop connection not working: Hi, I'm trying to connect to my PC from my Android device remotely (via Microsoft RDP app), using a dns server (from dynu.net). Through LAN (same network), I can connect without a problem, but through WAN (outside of the local network) I get an error 0x3000062. RDP is...