Windows 10: Remote Desktop connects via WiFi, but not using Cellular

Discus and support Remote Desktop connects via WiFi, but not using Cellular in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have had only success setting up connections to office systems running Windows 10 Remote Desktop when I am on my iPhone over wireless.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lothar Krepke, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop connects via WiFi, but not using Cellular

Hello,

I have had only success setting up connections to office systems running Windows 10 Remote Desktop when I am on my iPhone over wireless.

Cell connections also worked fine, until today.

Now, if I try to connect over cellular, the iPhone displays "Initiating Remote Connection" with a spinning progress icon, but no connection if ever made. But cellular connection to the same systems fails every time (with a reasonably strong cell signal and full browsing success.)

Thanks for any help sorting this out,

Lothar

:)

Lothar Krepke, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop connects via WiFi, but not using Cellular

remote desktop connection to windows 10 using cellular hotspot

How do I configure remote desktop on a laptop to be accessed when that laptop is connected to the internet via a cellular hotspot?

MikeMcCue-MT, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop connects via WiFi, but not using Cellular

1. Remote Desktop connects via WiFi, but not using Cellular - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop connects

2. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  3. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  4. Mac laptop is Unable to connect to Remote Desktop with WiFi but still able to connect via...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mac laptop is Unable to connect to Remote Desktop with WiFi but still able to connect via...: I’m not able to connect to my Remote Desktop using mac wifi it shows connected but dont show the desktop for work a pop up shows you aren’t connected. On same laptop the connection gets established using mobile data and can work. Is this issue with router or any settings...
  5. Mac laptop is Unable to connect to Remote Desktop with WiFi but still able to connect via...

Mac laptop is Unable to connect to Remote Desktop with WiFi but still able to connect via...: I’m not able to connect to my Remote Desktop using mac wifi it shows connected but dont show the desktop for work a pop up shows you aren’t connected. On same laptop the connection gets established using mobile data and can work. Is this issue with router or any settings...
  6. Unable to connect via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect via Remote Desktop: Hi,I am unable to connect via Remote Desktop using 2 Win-10-Pro computers.The error message I get is that another session has already started. Both computers are on my home network and I can see the shared drives and access them.Its just the Remote desktop can not connect...
  7. Unable to connect via Remote Desktop

Unable to connect via Remote Desktop: Hi,I am unable to connect via Remote Desktop using 2 Win-10-Pro computers.The error message I get is that another session has already started. Both computers are on my home network and I can see the shared drives and access them.Its just the Remote desktop can not connect...
  8. Unable to connect via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?: Hello, I have tried a couple of things to make Remote Desktop Connection work with no results. I verified my firewall and that Remote Desktop was checked, I pinged my works router while connected to the VPN and it works, I unchecked the "only allow connections from...
  10. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection: Hello there, Can anyone help me with the below issue please, For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can connect this from my laptop. Recently got a new Desktop so, wanted to connect to my work virtual computer from my desktop....