Windows 10: Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work

Discus and support Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am failing to get this to work. I have spent the past two hours googling solutions. I tried the ones I understood, none worked. Target PC is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IvanJones711, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work

I am failing to get this to work. I have spent the past two hours googling solutions. I tried the ones I understood, none worked.

Target PC is 192.168.0.9
    Target PC microsoft account is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    Target PC is win10 pro

Remote PC microsoft account is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    Remote PC is win10 home
    Both PC's are inconveniently named Ivan Jones, however
    Target PC is Ivan Jones
    Remote PC is ivan jones

If I understand correctly, I am to use the credentials for the Target PC when entering credentials into the windows security prompt, which would be *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, however the windows prompt automatically gives me the lower case "ivan jones" and the UGA_Ivan account.

I am utterly confused. Please advise.

Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work 2138f2d9-3bde-4351-84c8-1660558f15f8?upload=true.png

:)

IvanJones711, Oct 11, 2020

2. After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, Remote Desktop is not working

Hi Mayukh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Step 1: Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    Step 2: After running Troubleshooter follow the below steps.

• Type Remote Desktop in search bar.
    • Select Remote Desktop app and open it.
    • In the bottom you will see a button as Show Options.
    • Click on Show Options, you will see the options to enter your credentials.
    • Enter the credentials and click on Connect.
    • Check if it works.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 11, 2020
  3. remote desktop woe`s

Since when is that? My local account does not exist on my server, I can log in fine. I could always log in at home from work, again different accounts and even different domains. It matters not, you can enter any credentials. It would be rather useless if it works like you suggested. I fact, no Windows authentication works that way, you can always enter other credentials.

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work

Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work"

I reinstalled windows on my Desktop yesterday. I previously had a handy little shortcut on my desktop to allow me to access my laptops desktop via remote desktop. Of course this shortcut has now disappeared, so I tried to set it up again.

Now, when I go to connect it asks for a password to go with username "MicrosoftAccount\my email". Of course I tried the password associated with that microsoft account and just get a message saying "your credentials did not work".

I have looked all over google, tried various steps that were advised such as enabling a load of security policies and adding "TERMSRV/*", and a few other things but nothing works.

Yes, I have remote desktop enabled on the device I want to access, and both on same network which is set as private/home network on both devices.

What is going on?! So annoying.

Alex of Smeg, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work

1. Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Credentials

2. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work": I am trying to remote into a Windows 10 Pro desktop PC-A from Windows 11 Home laptop PC-B. Both of these are on the same network. PC-A has a local Admin account, PC-B has my Microsoft Account. I have enabled Remote Desktop on PC-A. I enter the name for PC-A in the name prompt...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work": I am trying to remote into a Windows 10 Pro desktop PC-A from Windows 11 Home laptop PC-B. Both of these are on the same network. PC-A has a local Admin account, PC-B has my Microsoft Account. I have enabled Remote Desktop on PC-A. I enter the name for PC-A in the name prompt...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work": So after searching I decided to post this question because all the solutions don't seem to reflect my situation.Before we start I want to preface a few things:All Microsoft Account Passwords are correct I've confirmed them by logging into to the respective MS accounts and...
  6. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work": So after searching I decided to post this question because all the solutions don't seem to reflect my situation.Before we start I want to preface a few things:All Microsoft Account Passwords are correct I've confirmed them by logging into to the respective MS accounts and...
  7. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Remote Desktop Connection - Your credential did not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection - Your credential did not work: I can successfully RDP to the target computer from any computer with in the LAN. However, I get an error message of "Your credentials did not work" when I RDP from WAN. I know that my setup is working to the target computer but just that credentials entered is not...
  9. Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work": I reinstalled windows on my Desktop yesterday. I previously had a handy little shortcut on my desktop to allow me to access my laptops desktop via remote desktop. Of course this shortcut has now disappeared, so I tried to set it up again. Now, when I go to connect it asks...
  10. Your credentials did not work in Remote Desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Your credentials did not work in Remote Desktop on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Problems with Remote Desktop connections are common. While attempting to connect to the Remote Desktop network, many users have reported the error – Your credentials did not work, The login attempt failed. If you face this issue, obviously, the first [...]...