Windows 10: Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect

Discus and support Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using remote desktop for years without any issues. Several weeks ago after a windows update I cannot use my remote desktop outside my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlbertRivera4, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect

I have been using remote desktop for years without any issues. Several weeks ago after a windows update I cannot use my remote desktop outside my internal network. It works fine in the home & I connect with my ipad using mobile remote desktop. but when Im at work I can no longer use it.

It will connect at first when I turn on my pc at work for just a few minutes, then I get the message lost connection and it will not reconnect. If I try to reconnect it says cannot connect to remote computer.

Now the fact that it does connect means that my settings are correct, I forward port 3389, I use NoIP ddns, that's working just fine as well.

What causes it to disconnect & not allow me to reconnect?

I would greatly appreciate any help, I really want to get this solved, in the meantime Im using Team Viewer but I prefer remote desktop.

Thank you all.

Albert Rivera

:)

AlbertRivera4, Apr 22, 2019

2. VPN on my Win 10 laptop is disconnecting after a few minutes - Remote desktop cannot reconnect

I use a VPN connection to a terminal server. I can be in the process of transferring files or working on the remote site when the VPN disconnects. Remote desktop is set to automatically reconnect but it does not and I have open the VPN setting and manually
    connect. I have not timed it but it is certainly only 3 minutes or so, possibly less.

I have checked my router and that is not the cause. My Win 7 laptop happily connects and maintains the connection until I manually disconnect which is perfect as I sometimes need to stay connected for the entire working day.

SusanLeake, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

Hello

A pleasure to help you

I suggest that you execute all the updates that you have pending with Windows Update, performing the following steps.

How can I keep my equipment updated? in the following link: Windows Update: frequently asked questions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/...

Then the controllers are displayed directly from the PC manufacturer's page, for the operation of the new one.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402844...

In the following link you can consult everything related to the Remote Connection client for Windows 10. Remote desktop clients

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

Let me know if I can continue attending.

Greetings Dayamis

dayamiperez, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect

1. Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect - Similar Threads - Remote desktop disconnects

2. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds: So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disc Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few months...
  3. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds: So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disco Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few...
  4. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds: So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disco Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few...
  5. USB Devices "randomly" getting disconnected then reconnecting after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices "randomly" getting disconnected then reconnecting after a few seconds: I've just recently started having this issue, where my USB devices will disconnect out of nowhere while I'm using my computer, and I will hear the normal audio for when a device disconnects. After a few seconds I'll hear the disconnect sound again, then I'll hear the...
  6. USB Devices randomly disconnect and reconnect after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices randomly disconnect and reconnect after a few seconds: Recently nearly all of my USB devices have been cutting out for a few seconds and reconnecting all at the same time. I have tried reinstalling drivers, running troubleshooters, and nearly anything I could find about this situation. If there is anything else that could be the...
  7. My wi-fi stops working every few minutes and needs to be disconnected and reconnected to...

My wi-fi stops working every few minutes and needs to be disconnected and reconnected to...: My phone and TV have no issue. My internet works fine normally, but every few minutes it stops working and displays the exclamation mark. If I disconnect and reconnect the network, it works again for several minutes before it stops working again. Please help. I have found no...
  8. Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?

Wi-Fi disconnects & reconnects every few minutes?: Hi, For about 3 days now, my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting & reconnecting literally every few minutes for no obvious reason? My PC is a HP Pavilion running the latest version of Windows 10. The only thing differently recently that I can think of, is that there was a couple of...
  9. Remote Desktop License Issue (Disconnect in 60 minutes)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop License Issue (Disconnect in 60 minutes): Someone help! I really do not want to go through the trouble of reapplying this RDP server license to the server again. Here is the situation I am in. There are a total of 6 active users that work in my onsite server and use as a VM, through an RDP 10 license user. 4 users...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: I have installed Windows 10 on five computers or my home network and I am finding that connections established Using Remote Desktop Connection keep dropping out after about 10 seconds. This happens with connections between any two computers. I never had this problem before I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remote Desktop License Issue (Disconnect in 60 minutes)

2. remote desktop connection frequent reconnect

3. home rpinter disconnects from remote desktop every two weeks

4. remote server reconnecting every few minutes,
  5. win10 evd remote desktop connection issue. 60 mins,
  6. remote desktop reconnect after dosconnect,
  7. remote desktop not reconnecting,
  8. remote desktop disconnects after few hours,
  9. remte desktop deisconnect after 1 min