Windows 10: remote desktop does not connect to another computer

Discus and support remote desktop does not connect to another computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; remote desktop does not connect to another computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jackarn, Sep 14, 2018.

1. jackarn Win User

remote desktop does not connect to another computer

:)

jackarn, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. remote desktop does not connect to another computer - Similar Threads - remote desktop does

2. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  4. Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10: Remote Desktop is a software in Windows that allows you to connect to a computer that is not close by. When you try to connect to a remote computer by using Remote Desktop, you may receive the following error message: Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer. The...
  5. Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer: Without using a third party remote connection, can I use the build in windows remote desktop connection to connect from my laptop that uses windows 10 HOME to my desktop computer that uses windows 10 PRO?--Do both computers need to have windows 10 PRO in order for the...
  6. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  7. Unable to connect to computer through remote desktop.

Unable to connect to computer through remote desktop.: I am trying to set up Remote Desktop and have updated all of the settings accordingly on the laptop I am trying to remote to. I am able to remote from my computer when I am sitting right next to the laptop, but when I am at home and try to remote to it, I get an error saying...
  8. Cannot connect to computer on LAN with Remote Desktop

Cannot connect to computer on LAN with Remote Desktop: I have two Windows 10 computers, one PC and one laptop on the same LAN. Both were upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am trying to connect to the PC through Remote Desktop from the laptop. I get the error message saying it can't connect. It says to make sure remote...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...