Windows 10: Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect

Discus and support Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Issue is with dual display ONLY. Connects fine if remote PC is on desktop Connects fine using 1 display in all scenarios * Will NOT connect if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by o0Mr_Scary0o, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect

Issue is with dual display ONLY.

Connects fine if remote PC is on desktop

Connects fine using 1 display in all scenarios

* Will NOT connect if remote PC is in "Lock Screen"

* Will NOT connect if remote PC is in "Sign In Screen"

Remote Desktop  Dual Monitors  Lock Screen  Sign in screen  ISSUES won't connect 839dcd9e-40d4-4960-8305-1a81d85c5730?upload=true.png

Because of a protocol error code: 0x112f, the remote session will be disconnected.

Please try connecting to the remote computer again.

If the check box in the app for "Use all my monitors for the remote session" is checked I cannot connect if the remote PC is in "Lock Screen" or "Sign In Screen" but if the remote PC is at the "Desktop" it will connect fine.

Remote Desktop  Dual Monitors  Lock Screen  Sign in screen  ISSUES won't connect c2c4c959-3e74-425b-860e-ae3e3a271d1e?upload=true.png

I would have to visit the remote PC to sign in before it will work.

Both PCs are running:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

OS build 19042.630
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

The remote PC is using disable password on local network so I can connect locally without using secondary user account.

However I doubt this has any affect on the issue. but thought I would post it just in case.

Remote Desktop  Dual Monitors  Lock Screen  Sign in screen  ISSUES won't connect 247d9ed3-df52-4c35-8ae1-aa0ece710067?upload=true.png

I did not have this issue with previous PC same configuration, with Win 10 version 2014, and prior versions.

This also may have no bearing on the issue.

Thank you for any feedback on the issue.

PS: it is not a memory issue.

:)

o0Mr_Scary0o, Dec 3, 2020
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Dec 3, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Yro82 Win User

Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect

Remote Desktop app (NOT Connection) dual monitor

Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app (NOT Remote Desktop Connection). Im on a PC running Windows 10 home.

Yro82, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect

1. Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Dual

2. Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens: Hi All,Is there anyway to make my second monitor show the background when on the logon or lock screen?Was hoping this would be added for Windows11 as so many people use more than one screen now.ThanksScott...
  3. Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors Logon and Lock Screens: Hi All,Is there anyway to make my second monitor show the background when on the logon or lock screen?Was hoping this would be added for Windows11 as so many people use more than one screen now.ThanksScott...
  4. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  5. Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor

Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor: Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app NOT Remote Desktop Connection. Im on a PC running Windows 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-app-not-connection-dual-monitor/124b215c-3ec6-426e-8981-51d0896c0b2c
  6. Lock screen on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen on dual monitors: I can't get my lock screen to show on both monitors. When it's locked only one shows the lock screen and the other is pitch black. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-on-dual-monitors/643c270b-f196-4122-bbef-371a14643489
  7. Dual Monitor Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Lock Screen: Is there a way to have both of my monitors turn on at the lock screen? Only one of them turns on and the other one sits at a black screen until I type in my password. submitted by /u/ARealTowel [link] [comments]...
  8. Dual Monitor Screen Lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Screen Lock: I have dual monitors set up that work fine; however, when I lock my screen then come back, everything I have open is piled up on the Primary monitor, and I have to move everything around again to where I had originally placed everything. It is time consuming and annoying. Is...
  9. Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop and Lock Screen: Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to...
  10. Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...