Windows 10: Remote desktop during standby mode

Discus and support Remote desktop during standby mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The remote desktop is not accessible when this computer using Windows 10 professional is in standby mode. How can this be remedied?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M.F.M., Aug 11, 2020.

1. M.F.M. Win User

Remote desktop during standby mode

The remote desktop is not accessible when this computer using Windows 10 professional is in standby mode. How can this be remedied?

:)

M.F.M., Aug 11, 2020

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Remote desktop during standby mode

Taskbar when in Remote Desktop mode

Hi SallyWard1,

To hide (or show) the Remote Desktop connection bar when in full screen mode, follow the steps below:

Go to: 'Start' > 'Programs' > 'Communication' > 'Remote Desktop Connection'

Click on the 'Options >>' button

Click on the 'Display' tab

Check (or uncheck) "Display the connection bar when I use the full screen" (for Windows CE6 Operating System) or "Display the connection bar" (for Windows CE5 Operating System)

Save the configuration: Click 'OK' (for Windows CE5 Operating System) or click on the "General" Tab and click on the "Save" button.

For detailed instruction with image:

Refer to this link :
    https://support.honeywellaidc.com/s/article/How...

If this suggestion helps, feel free to leave feedback

You have a good day!

RichardGuerzon, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Remote desktop during standby mode

1. Remote desktop during standby mode - Similar Threads - Remote desktop during

2. Laptop is crashing during Standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is crashing during Standby.: Hi, my Laptop is crashing or shutting down during Standby. The Event Log can be found here. It did that a while ago. I uninstalled Windows back then and reinstalled it with a boot stick and it worked for a while. But now I'm at the same problem again. It shows other similar...
  3. Laptop is crashing during Standby.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is crashing during Standby.: Hi, my Laptop is crashing or shutting down during Standby. The Event Log can be found here. It did that a while ago. I uninstalled Windows back then and reinstalled it with a boot stick and it worked for a while. But now I'm at the same problem again. It shows other similar...
  4. Fix Remote Desktop Licensing Mode is not configured

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix Remote Desktop Licensing Mode is not configured: Having fully installed Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on a server with the RD Connection Broker and RDS licensing set per user and everything is working with a valid license. After some time you notice a popup when you connect saying, Remote Desktop licensing mode is not...
  5. How to use a usb drive during a remote desktop session?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use a usb drive during a remote desktop session?: To make it short I was wondering if it's possible to remote connect to a desktop on my laptop, and then plug my usb in and be able to access the files on it in the remote session. I searched around but none of it makes much sense since this is my first time really using it...
  6. Mouse only points upwards during games on Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse only points upwards during games on Remote Desktop?: I always stream my PC to my laptop. The only problem is that during games the mouse always points upwards. Maus zeigt bei Remotedesktop bei Spielen nur nach oben?
  7. Using GPU during Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using GPU during Remote Desktop: Hear me out. Is anyone here using remote desktop onto a pc with the ability to use the installed graphics card instead of the standard "Microsoft Remote Display Adapter"? Awhile ago, I was able to remote desktop into my PC and was able to use the installed graphics...
  8. Taskbar when in Remote Desktop mode

Taskbar when in Remote Desktop mode: My local pc taskbar is showing when I go into remote desktop mode. It never used to be so I've obviously done something to keep it there but can't hide it now. I need the remote desktop taskbar to show....
  9. Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session

Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session: Hi All, I've just recently started using Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop When I remote to another device, say a PC. This causes the PC to automatically go to the lock screen. This seems to be default. I can still remotely access the PC, everything is fine except the person...
  10. Remote Desktop Remote Sound not working after wake up from standby

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Remote Sound not working after wake up from standby: The remote sound from the remote desktop works fine at the beginning. But when I put the server on standby and then the server wakes up, remote sound stops working. There is no sound from either the host or the client machine. Everything looks fine on the settings side. But...