Windows 10: Remote Desktop: Error code 0x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop

Discus and support Remote Desktop: Error code 0x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Overview: Like many of us these days I'm working from home. I'm looking to access my work laptop on my personal PC via Remote Desktop on Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/evervaliant, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Remote Desktop: Error code 0x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop

Overview:

Like many of us these days I'm working from home. I'm looking to access my work laptop on my personal PC via Remote Desktop on Windows 10 on a home network. Both the work laptop and my personal PC are at home, on the same desk, but I'd like to close the laptop and put it away to save some desk space while having the added convenience of using only one monitor/keyboard/mouse setup for both systems.

The personal PC has a hardwired internet connection, while the work laptop is using Wi-fi - I don't have a spare ethernet cable at the moment to see if hardwiring the laptop will make a difference, but I plan on acquiring one soon.

The Problem:

From my personal PC, I'm only able to access the work laptop on Remote Desktop if I log into it first (like, physically logging in on the actual laptop). Once I have logged into the work laptop, I can then log into it via Remote Desktop on my personal PC. Once I have connected, the connection works flawlessly, which is great - but I'd obviously like to remove the inconvenience of opening the laptop and logging in just to "allow" my personal PC remote access (and yes, I've ensured that closing the laptop does not put it to sleep or anything).

If I don't log into the laptop first, I get the following error when attempting to connect from my personal PC:

---

Couldn't connect.

Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords. Try connecting again. If this keeps happening, ask your admin or tech support for help.

Error code: 0x519

Extended error code: 0x0

Activity ID: {fd9ec1f4-2dee-451f-a3d6-f232cf0a0000}

---

Any help and ideas would be much appreciated. I'm happy to provide any details that might be needed to provide a diagnosis/solution. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/evervaliant
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/evervaliant, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Microsoft Remote Desktop: Error code: 0x204

I use my iMac (macOS) Catalina Version 10.15.7 and remote into my Windows 10 PC at work from home using our company VPN. This has been working fine until yesterday when I got:

Unable to connect

We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.

Error code: 0x204

I have reinstalled Microsoft Remote Desktop and the problem persists.

I can remote into my PC using my VNC Viewer without problems. However I like using MS Remote Desktop as people at work cannot watch me working (sensitive information)

I have called Apple Care and they have referred me back to Microsoft.

I'd be grateful if someone could post some steps that I could take to rectify this matter.

Peter Robertson (peter), Jan 17, 2021
  4. Remote Desktop: Error code 0x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Remote Desktop: Error code 0x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop

1. Remote Desktop: Error code 0x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Error

2. Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro: In the last 2 days, my client Home ed. desktop has been throwing an error every time I try to connect to the host Pro ed. laptop:Remote Desktop ConnectionThe connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login.Error code: 0x3Extended error code:...
  3. Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro: In the last 2 days, my client Home ed. desktop has been throwing an error every time I try to connect to the host Pro ed. laptop:Remote Desktop ConnectionThe connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login.Error code: 0x3Extended error code:...
  4. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?: I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with no issue. When I try to do the reverse -- access my desktop from laptop, I get an error message that says 'your credentials...
  5. network sharing between PC and Laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network sharing between PC and Laptop?: I have 3 drives on my PC with windows 10. Need to share on of these drives with my laptop with windows 10.These 2 units are placed in different rooms with the same network at home.Thanks...
  6. Remote Desktop Suddenly Stopped Working - Error code: 0x204

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Suddenly Stopped Working - Error code: 0x204: I've said it before - Windows is a serious pile of dung. Once again, Microsoft does not disappoint. For years I've been using Windows Remote Desktop - then it stopped working. Nothing Changed at all. Best guess would be an update that broke something. Once again I'm very busy...
  7. Remote Desktop: Error code 05x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop

Remote Desktop: Error code 05x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop: Overview: Like many of us these days I'm working from home. I'm looking to access my work laptop on my personal PC via Remote Desktop on Windows 10 on a home network. Both the work laptop and my personal PC are at home, on the same desk, but I'd like to close the laptop and...
  8. no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop

no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop: I have a HP desktop that has a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via cable. I also have a Dell laptop with a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via Wifi. Both are running Windows 10. However neither can "see" the other's...
  9. Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop

Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop: So without being too hyperbolic, I'm about to die! I've spent too many hours with 0 progress and am beginning to resent pcs in general. I have 3 pcs (2 desktops and a laptop) all wired via gigabit. In short - my desktop (a) can see itself and my laptop under network,...
  10. Network sharing problem between desktops and laptop

Network sharing problem between desktops and laptop: Hi Guys, This issues has been driving me nuts since the 1703 Creators Update. I've searched the web and tried pretty much everything to fix it with no luck. So I let it slide until now. I've finally decided to raise the issue here to see if the greatest minds in the...