Windows 10: Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept...

Discus and support Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When connecting from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the RD app, I get a message "Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jadegem, Jan 10, 2019.

1. jadegem Win User

Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept...

When connecting from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the RD app, I get a message "Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords". My password has not expired (I tried changing it and using the new password), and I am definitely not sending a blank password (the credentials are not saved, and I type them in every time).

Using the desktop app works, but it cuts off after a few seconds, but that's a different issue. When connected, the connection is shown as 'Excellent', so I am not having Internet connection issues.

Using the Android RD app from my phone works perfectly.

:)

jadegem, Jan 10, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Jizzler Win User
    remote desktop woe`s

Users that are part of the Remote Desktop Users group and have a password set would be able to log into the computer remotely.

Jizzler, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept...

Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Error

After providing the Microsoft Account Password to the Password blank on remote desktop the attempts to connect and then request the Password again.

The Password I provided was the same a the Password provided at Windows startup but for some reason it will not accept it.

I have even tried the previous Password for Windows startup.

LeeCrisler, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept...

1. Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept... - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop error

2. Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password: So I have multiple devices on the same microsoft account. Because of the location of my media server, I usually log in to it via Remote Desktop from my main PC. Since changing the password on my microsoft account, and going through the 5 devices that use the same account...
  3. Remote Desktop error

Remote Desktop error: I have been using Remote Desktop all day. Tonight I am getting the message "An internal error has occurred". This happened a few weeks ago, but the problem just went away. Does anyone know why this occurs? Thanks, jdw...
  4. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several question on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....
  5. Remote Desktop Connection Unmutes Remote PC

Remote Desktop Connection Unmutes Remote PC: I use Remote Desktop Connection via a VPN from my home laptop to my work desktop, both of which are using WIN10. Whatever the sound settings are on my desktop doesn't affect my remote session. My remote session is always unmuted and always at 100% when I start it. I can mute...
  6. remote desktop error "creedSSP"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remote desktop error "creedSSP": Sir, previously before security upgrade to win10. i was able to connect my company server from my laptop. Now i m facing prob. connection remote desktop having error "CreedSSP encription oracle remediation. please help in solving this error. thanks....
  7. "The remote device or resource is not accepting the connection" error

"The remote device or resource is not accepting the connection" error: Hi all, Well this is a strange one. I was wondering why my Windows 10 was not updating - it hasn't been, for a few months - and why Cortana was insisting I was offline, when I am not, when I discovered via the Network Troubleshooter that, for Microsoft services, "The...
  8. Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop: I have recently upgraded from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro. When I RDP to another Windows 7 Ultimate machine the application randomly closes, no error messages or anything. Anyone seen this before? 20315
  9. Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop: I am having problems setting up remote desktop. I can not find the program in windows firewall to enable it. was just wondering if this would be due to my copy of windows 10 is not activated? 36135
  10. Remote Desktop Connection without password

Remote Desktop Connection without password: Do you think we will ever be able to do a remote desktop connection when the other computer has no password? Have two computer on same local network,will not let me connect because no password on other computer.I had no problems when the other computer was windows7? Has...