Windows 10: Remote Desktop for OSX

Discus and support Remote Desktop for OSX in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a PC that has a name and the PC is running Windows 10 Pro. The PC and all other devices are on the same network. I can RD into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Farzad_K, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Farzad_K Win User

Remote Desktop for OSX

Hi,

I have a PC that has a name and the PC is running Windows 10 Pro.

The PC and all other devices are on the same network.

I can RD into the device painlessly from my iPad (iOS) using the PC's name.

I cannot RD into the device from my OSX (Macbook Pro) using the name because RD complains that it cannot find the PC with that name on the network. However, when I use its assigned IP address then I can connect to it from OSX.

Since this PC might be on different networks at different times, I would rather use its name to RD into it instead of an IP address.

I have reached out to Apple and I have not generated much traction. I hope I can get some ideas here.

Thanks a lot.

Farzad

:)

Farzad_K, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Grincer Win User

Where to download a (MS) Remote Desktop Connection app for Mac OSX 10.7.5 to connect to Windows 10?

Since the default Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection app, only works from OSX 10.9 and higher. I can't seem to find one for my Mac OSX 10.7.5. To connect from a Mac to Windows 10.

Does anyone have a suggestion, what's a good remote desktop app to use and where to download it. E.g. can I find an older version from Microsoft to download somewhere?

Grincer, Nov 16, 2018
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Remote Desktop for OSX

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Remote Desktop for OSX

1. Remote Desktop for OSX - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop OSX

2. remote desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    remote desktop: Hello --- I am trying to login to my win 10 / pro computer using remote desktop --- I have remote access turn on, but when I try to connect the connection ends with an error --- is there a way to debug this to find out the issue? Thanks...
  3. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on both computers but when I try to connect using Remote Desktop it tells me 'The remote computer is not available on the network' How do I resolve?...
  4. Remote desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop: My PC freezes when I am trying to copy and paste on the remote desktop using VPM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/9ad87e89-f004-4c05-9a9b-c7a9d94cf54b
  5. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop: Hello, I have problems to connect to a university PC using Remote Desktop. While turning it on, it askes me to sign in using my Microsoft account. So I sign in but then it tells me these data are not correct - I know they are because I have no problem with signing to...
  6. remote desktop

remote desktop: Cannot connect to remote desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/63931850-567c-4fe0-a50e-206f9c9ec231
  7. [QUESTION] Virtual desktop behaviour like OSX

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [QUESTION] Virtual desktop behaviour like OSX: Hi all. First post, be gentle. I'm looking for a way to use the Virtual Desktops the same way I used to use "Spaces" in OS X. If you've used it, you'll know what I'm talking about but I'll explain: In Mac OS X, it's possible to have as many virtual desktops as you want...
  8. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop: What version of Windows 10 do I need to get a license for to be able to connect to work remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/34cd5035-ac89-414f-ac58-2b14550cb7ed"
  9. remote desktop

remote desktop: windows 10 no longer connects to remote xp computer on same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/f46d2e85-7938-4abc-a751-04b842c31159
  10. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....