Windows 10: Remote Desktop from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro - Freezes upon conection at login screen

Discus and support Remote Desktop from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro - Freezes upon conection at login screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 pro laptop, and a windows 7 pro laptop. When I remote in from the 7 to the 10, no problem, works great. But I need to go from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sanctuarie2019, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro - Freezes upon conection at login screen

I have a windows 10 pro laptop, and a windows 7 pro laptop.

When I remote in from the 7 to the 10, no problem, works great.

But I need to go from the 10 to the 7, and every time I hit connect, it connects to the 7, and shows the windows logo and the circle is spinning and then it just stops & freezes. I can hit enter or the spacebar, and it dings, but nothing on the screen. When I go & check the 7's screen it's just sitting at the login screen, waiting for a password.

So I tried blindly entering a password, it dings, but doesn't log in. And eventually the screen just goes black. But when I physically go to the 7 computer & look at what's on the screen from that end, it's just still at the login screen waiting for a pw. So it's not freezing the computer itself, just can't get past the login screen.

No problem going from the 7 to the 10, but I need it the other way around. I need to actually be on the 10.

I even tried connecting from the 7 to the 10, and then came over to the 10 to try that way - but the minute I hit any key on the 10, it disconnects. (apparently you cannot type from either one? It's not like a shared connection?)

I have no problem going from the 10 to the 7 with team viewer, it just seems to go way faster using rdc.

Help?

:)

sanctuarie2019, Jun 5, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Jun 5, 2019
  3. adamRD Win User
    can't remote desktop to windows 10 pro

Hello, since the new upgrade to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro I have not been able to rdp to windows 10. I even assigned a new rule into the windows firewall and still nothing. when I went back to windows 7, everything was fine. I'm not new to rdp
    and everything related to remote desktop is checked. Computer network shows private, checked inbound rules checked, windows firewall remote desktop checked. assigned a new rule in windows firewall and when I try to remote desktop it goes through to where it
    asks you for the password but it doesn't accept the password. I also have port 3389 open in my router. there's definitely something wrong here with windows 10 because I'm not doing anything wrong. Any suggestions anyone? Thank you

adamRD, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro - Freezes upon conection at login screen

Trouble getting legible display resolution when using Remote Desktop with Windows 10 Pro when logging onto remote computer with Windows 7

Eric, Thank you. I did as you suggested as it is important for me to solve this problem. My inability to work with "Remote Desktop" seamlessly in Windows 10 Pro was a almost deal breaker for me in buying my new Dell computer but I needed a new computer
    now and I want it to last a while, and using Windows 7 for another 4+ years seemed riskier than trying to solve my problem using a Windows 10 Pro computer.

A solution, although it distorts both displays, that allows for a "Remote Desktop" setting that works on both computers is setting the local 4k display with Windows 10 Pro to 1920 x 1080, which works okay on the Windows 7 remote computer but loses the resolution
    of the 4k screen, plus it makes a 17.3" laptop viewing screen to about a 15" usable screen, a significant sacrifice to use "Remote Desktop" as currently configured in Windows 10 Pro.

I am hoping someone from the Technet forum can answer this. I am surprised that Microsoft Windows 10 Pro seems to have this issue "remote Desktop" compatibility issue where Windows 7 does not seem to?

GarySwartzman, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro - Freezes upon conection at login screen

1. Remote Desktop from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro - Freezes upon conection at login screen - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Pro

2. Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop: I need to remote into my desktop from my laptop. Do I need to have windows pro on both systems or just the one that I am remoting into? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-pro-remote-desktop/49ddd37e-be29-4c7a-80e0-9fa9f1f7fa3f
  3. Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop: I need to remote into my desktop from my laptop. Do I need to have windows pro on both systems or just the one that I am remoting into? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-pro-remote-desktop/49ddd37e-be29-4c7a-80e0-9fa9f1f7fa3f
  4. Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop: I have a Windows 10 Pro computer and I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop Client app on my Tab S6 to get access to it. I'd like to be able to access it even if I'm on a different network (like when I'm not home). How do I go about doing that? submitted by /u/Ronin1791...
  6. Windows 10 Pro- Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro- Remote Desktop: Hi. I have W10 Pro on my Surface Pro and W10 Home on my laptop and desktop. Is the W10 Pro license specific to the machine or would it be available to other owned machines? If not, I assume that I would I need to purchase separate upgrade licences? My interest in W10 Pro...
  7. Windows 10 pro remote desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro remote desktop: Can I connect to a windows 10 pro with remote desktop from 3 computes at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-remote-desktop/331f4bf5-9805-4c6d-be92-aa95a43c9ddb
  8. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro: Up on entering password to access my office PC with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro , my laptop screen goes black with a message " An error occurred while the connection was being stablished"...
  9. Remote desktop - Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop - Windows 10 Pro?: To remotely control a Windows 10 PC from another Windows 10 PC using Remote Desktop, do BOTH PCs need to have Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-windows-10-pro/a256a1ef-e79e-44cc-a378-d3594239d745
  10. Remote Desktop conection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop conection: Hi everybody, I have been given an RDP file to create a remote connection to my work-place computer from my laptop. My laptop successfully connects to the remote computer when I connect to the internet through my mobile hotspot but gives an error message when connecting to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 remote desktop disconnects upon loging

2. remote desktop freezes windows 10 pro

3. windows ten pro log on from another machine

4. windows 10 rdp hangs on login screen,
  5. Way Redmondhow to use alarms in windows 10,
  6. remote desktop login freezes,
  7. cumrdpconnection::CreateVirtualChannel at 2498 err=[0x80004005],
  8. window 7 remote login,
  9. remote desktop windows 7 pro,
  10. windows 10 remote desktop freezes,
  11. windows 7 remote desktop on windows pro,