Windows 10: Remote desktop from windows phone

Discus and support Remote desktop from windows phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been playing with the rmote desktop app on win 8.1 phone and cant get it to connect to the win 10 desktop but works fine on my other win 8.1 pc. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by banger, Jul 18, 2015.

1. banger Win User

Remote desktop from windows phone

Been playing with the rmote desktop app on win 8.1 phone and cant get it to connect to the win 10 desktop but works fine on my other win 8.1 pc.

Can someone confirm remote desktop works on win 10.

Tim

:)

banger, Jul 18, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

How do I Remote Control my Windows Phone 8 from my Windows 8 PC?

you are mixing a few things. windows RT can remote desktop into OTHER computers that SUPPORT remote desktop. you cannot remote desktop INTO a windows RT machine.

likewise, there is a remote desktop app for windows phone - but it only works to connect to computers that support remote desktop. not to remote into the phone.

3. OusmaneSY Win User
    How do I Remote Control my Windows Phone 8 from my Windows 8 PC?

Hi,

thanks for the precisions about Windows RT. I should not have included that feature suggestion however.

I removed it now.

Best regards

OusmaneSY, Jul 18, 2015
  4. banger Win User

Well also it doesn't seem to work from a Win 8 machine either, tried numerous times and the connection is rejected. Also I not in Win 10 the feedback app has disappeared in build 10240 so cant report it or am I missing it?

Checked remote desktop settings and they are enabled unless there are another lot in the new Settings app?

Tim

banger, Jul 19, 2015
  5. banger Win User
    Just in case anyone is looking for the solution to this the problem is windows firewall. Remote desktop needs to be added to the public network in order to get incoming calls.

In windows 10, right click windows button, control panel, small icons, windows firewall, view allowed applications, highlight remote desktop and click change setting and enable public network, then click ok.

banger, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
  7. banger Win User
    Many thanks for showing me the proper way to configure this using Private Network and I have now adjusted my firewall to block public remote desktops.

banger, Jul 19, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

You are welcome. It's more secure not to allow incoming remote connections in public networks like hotels, airports and such on a laptop. A desktop is a different story then but I can see no reason to use a public network location on a home desktop.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote desktop from windows phone - Similar Threads - Remote desktop phone

2. Remote Desktop from different network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop from different network: I'm trying to connect my laptop to my home PC through remote desktop. I want to use the power of my home PC at school. The networks are different, so how do I connect across the internet? Thanks....
  3. Remote Desktop from different network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop from different network: I'm trying to connect my laptop to my home PC through remote desktop. I want to use the power of my home PC at school. The networks are different, so how do I connect across the internet? Thanks....
  4. Windows Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remote Desktop: I'm looking for a way I can remotely view my PCs at home through my iPhone or Windows laptop to ensure my kids are doing homework and not messing around with other things. I understand you have to have the pro versions of either Windows 10 or 11 and have the app installed on...
  5. Windows Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote Desktop: I'm looking for a way I can remotely view my PCs at home through my iPhone or Windows laptop to ensure my kids are doing homework and not messing around with other things. I understand you have to have the pro versions of either Windows 10 or 11 and have the app installed on...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection from CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection from CMD: I created a file with the .bat extension, in which I wrote the following script:$Hostname = "MyHostname"$User = "MyUser"$Password = "ZZZ"cmdkey / generic: $Hostname / user: $User / pass: $Passwordmstsc / v: $Hostname /f But I get the following error: The remote computer name...
  7. CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop: [ATTACH] Just built a new rig with Windows 10 Education! So I got my computer set up as a host for Windows Remote Desktop, and my Android phone connects perfectly as a client. However, I can't connect on my Windows 10 Home laptop. I always get the Pop-up "Remote Desktop...
  8. Windows Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Remote Desktop: I am having trouble setting up Windows Remote Desktop. When I go into Setting>system>Remote Desktop it shows that my Win 10 Home edition does not support remote desktop. I read that the Microsoft Store has a remote desktop app and it does not mention requiring the Pro...
  9. Windows Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Remote Desktop: Hi, I have a Pc with Windows 10 pro installed and a Macbook Pro. I am able to start a Remote Desktop Session to that Pc from my Macbook. When I start that session I get one window with the desktop of my Windows 10 Pc. Is it possible to start that session and get twoor...
  10. Remote Access To Pc from Windows Phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Access To Pc from Windows Phone: Hello Guys I'm looking for some advice on the best way to gain access to my Win 10 Home pc remotely from my windows mobile. Most apps from the store require the Pro version. I Need something simple and secure to enable me to start programs, browse folders and shutdown the...