Windows 10: Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable

Discus and support Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]While connecting to a Remote computer, if you get a Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable error, this article will help you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 1, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable

Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable remote-desktop-gateway-server-temporarily-unavailable.jpg
    While connecting to a Remote computer, if you get a Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable error, this article will help you fix the issue. Although this error gets resolved by removing the invalid binding, you may need other tips and tricks at times. If so, you can find all the possible solutions in this article […]

This article Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 1, 2022

2. your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway server is temporarily unavailable on ONE windows 10 PC only

Hi,

I am getting the error above when trying to RDP to one of our servers.

The RDP works for 2 other PCs in my office. But my PC gives this error.

Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway server is temporarily unavailable...

It does get past the Gateway and it does ask for the Windows Password. But it then hangs for 5 seconds and returns the above error.

All PCs are running Windows 10.

All PCs using identical RDP connection, credential and Gateway settings.

I tried this solution Remote Desktop Services - Connection Errors | PeteNetLive

Adding 32 bit DWORD value called RDGClientTransport = 1

to HKCU > SOFTWARE >Microsoft > Terminal Services Client

But it did not work. Although I may try rebooting my PC in a minute to see if that helps (but I doubt it).

I feel like there is some dodgy credential or Cached Windows credential on my PC???

I did find a Windows Credential that mapped to the server I was trying to connect to. So I deleted it (but that did not help).

Actually before this server did not have a Gateway and it was working for me.

Anyway that is probably just a red herring.

What I do know:

* Connection works for other PCs in my office

* All same RDP Settings

* I can ping the gateway and it resolves to the correct IP

* So probably not server side settings

* And definitely NOT Remote Desktop Connection settings

Basically as far as I know everything is correct on my PC.

Please help.

JustinLane4, May 1, 2022
  3. Remote Desktop Gateway Connection issue

Hi,

I have an issue with a new Gateway i created (setup below), i first got an error "The Computer cant verify the identity of the RD Gateway" and i confirmed the root certificate was in trusted as well as personal store. After a reboot i got
    the message "Your computer cant connect to the Remote Desktop Gateway". I checked the services were running for Remote Desktop.

Server 2016 (RDG.domain.com)

Applied Global Cert

Remote Desktop Gateway/Licensing server

port: 3390

P.S. I have followed other MS solutions (ie adding reg keys to Windows 10) and applying root cert, regarding both and they didnt work.

Also, apologies if this issue is raised in the wrong section.

Imran Shabir (HA), May 1, 2022
  4. nkaufman Win User

RD Gateway Server - how to remove permanently

Hello,
    At my previous job, I was asked to take certain steps (don't remember now what they were) but it was to set up RDP to use a Gateway server.

Now that I've changed jobs, I still see the old IP and Gateway server information. I went to registry and deleted the entries from Terminal client and servers.

However, I still see a server name listed under RDP-Advanced-Settings-Use these RD Gateway Server settings.
    I have opted for - Do not use RD Gateway server but was wondering how to remove the old server name entry completely.

Thanks

nkaufman, May 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Gateway

2. remote desktop server 2008R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote desktop server 2008R2: I have trouble to setup the rd connection. Before i setup anything, i can remote to the server via admin login. However, when i need to add new user, i need to add roles in order to add new user. following the wizard to complete the installation & reboot the server. i can't...
  3. remote desktop server 2008R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote desktop server 2008R2: I have trouble to setup the rd connection. Before i setup anything, i can remote to the server via admin login. However, when i need to add new user, i need to add roles in order to add new user. following the wizard to complete the installation & reboot the server. i can't...
  4. Windows Hello PIN is temporarily unavailable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello PIN is temporarily unavailable: Hello,I recently bought Microsoft Office family subscription and since then, I'm unable to update Windows Hello PIN to log into my PC from the lock screen. Is there any way to make it available again?I tried to access "Fix it" option given below but when I enter my email ID,...
  5. Remote Desktop Gateway Connection issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Gateway Connection issue: Hi, I have an issue with a new Gateway i created setup below, i first got an error "The Computer cant verify the identity of the RD Gateway" and i confirmed the root certificate was in trusted as well as personal store. After a reboot i got the message "Your computer cant...
  6. "Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server" Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Your computer can't connect to the remote desktop gateway server" Error: Hello all, Our company uses Windows 1809 Image also we are using RDP through Internet Explorer i am not sure how this works but our employees access an account on the browser login, into and from there when they click an application for example IE RDP client starts and the...
  7. Default gateway unavailable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default gateway unavailable: Been having problems with connecting to the internet a few days ago. My pc will connect to the internet just fine, but will randomly disconnect and tell me "The default gateway is not available", or the access point between my router and the internet is broken. The internet...
  8. ITunes Store Temporarily Unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ITunes Store Temporarily Unavailable: Finally got ITunes to download and install on my new laptop. I have authorized the laptop to access ITunes. I was able to upload funds to the account. I can see the balance...payment info, computers installed, etc. When I try to search the store to find songs to download, I...
  9. remote desktop gateway connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote desktop gateway connection issues: our organization is trying to access a remote desktop gateway server on AWS for our electronic dental records software. If I use my laptop at home it works fine. if I use my laptop here at the office it works. But even behind the same firewall, if I attempt to login to the...
  10. Remote Desktop Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop Server: Evening All, Just wondering if anyone more experienced can just fill me in on the details - I'm convinced I'm missing something basic! We've got a Windows server 2019 machine that has remote desktop licencing for 50 CALs. However, when the user logs in via RDP, they get...