Windows 10: Remote Desktop: How do I make each of my work monitors into a separate "space"/"desktop" on...

Discus and support Remote Desktop: How do I make each of my work monitors into a separate "space"/"desktop" on... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My work computer is a PC with Windows 10 and two monitors, but when I work from home, I use Remote Desktop to connect to that computer from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JessicaFallible, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop: How do I make each of my work monitors into a separate "space"/"desktop" on...

Hi,

My work computer is a PC with Windows 10 and two monitors, but when I work from home, I use Remote Desktop to connect to that computer from my Macbook. I don't have multiple monitors for my Macbook, but I can set up multiple "desktops" via Mission control.

Is there a way to map each of my work-machine monitors to a desktop on my Macbook? It's frustrating having all my stuff crammed into one small laptop screen when I work from home.

Thanks!

[Moved from Office>Unknown/other>Windows 10>Office 365 for business]

:)

JessicaFallible, Oct 2, 2019

2. 5 monitors on Remote Desktop

I have an issue with Microsoft Remote Desktop.

I am running 5 monitors on an 580 AMD 8GB GPU.

This was working fine locally and on the remote desktop - however now when I try to connect to the remote, it only allows one monitor on the remote desktop. If I unplug any one of the monitors, I can get 4 of the monitors to work over the remote.

Not sure if this is to do with an AMD update, remote, or my GPU. I don't think it is the GPU as this powers all five perfectly well, and I also switch on my motherboards DVI port and ran one monitor off that and 4 on the GPU, and still didn't work.

Any suggestions welcome....

FairlyLocal, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop: How do I make each of my work monitors into a separate "space"/"desktop" on...

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop: How do I make each of my work monitors into a separate "space"/"desktop" on...

1. Remote Desktop: How do I make each of my work monitors into a separate "space"/"desktop" on... - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop each

2. Microsoft Remote Desktop Not Working for 4K Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop Not Working for 4K Monitor: Hello everyone.I have a rather weird situation that I can't seem to fix for the past two days. I usually remotely connect to my work PC using my 4k external monitor that I connect to my laptop with no issues when the display resolution is set as "choose for me'. Suddenly, I...
  3. How to have separate desktops for each family member.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have separate desktops for each family member.: How to have separate desktops for each family member. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-separate-desktops-for-each-family/62111f9f-19b7-45d7-aad8-7bb5428033a6
  4. How to have separate desktops for each family member.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have separate desktops for each family member.: How to have separate desktops for each family member. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-separate-desktops-for-each-family/62111f9f-19b7-45d7-aad8-7bb5428033a6
  5. How do I separate my HDD from my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I separate my HDD from my Desktop?: Hi, I accidently merged my HDD into my Desktop while I was moving files between my SSD and HDD. Is there a way to undo this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-separate-my-hdd-from-my-desktop/3bcb91db-7681-4640-b253-f1bdfc4d32e8
  6. How do I separate my HDD from my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I separate my HDD from my Desktop?: Hi, I accidently merged my HDD into my Desktop while I was moving files between my SSD and HDD. Is there a way to undo this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-separate-my-hdd-from-my-desktop/3bcb91db-7681-4640-b253-f1bdfc4d32e8
  7. How do I separate my HDD from my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I Remote Desktop to an iPad?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I Remote Desktop to an iPad?: I can ping the device through my local WiFi but not connect to it for some reason through the official Microsoft RD Client app. submitted by /u/sn0wf1ake1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nqi1xt/how_do_i_remote_desktop_to_an_ipad/
  9. Can I separate the Windows Desktops from the separate Monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I separate the Windows Desktops from the separate Monitors?: I have my device extended to a external display. I can create additional desktops to separate and manage my open applications and switch between them Windows-TAB But what I cannot do is switch to a different Desktop on my external display without it also switching the...
  10. how do i make my second monitor a second desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i make my second monitor a second desktop: i have a second monitor that i want to be in an other desktop than the first monitor. is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/Darren_wl03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffc5pr/how_do_i_make_my_second_monitor_a_second_desktop/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop in a separate monitor

2. multiple displays remote desktop

3. remote desktop: how do i make each of my work monitors into a separate space/desktop on my macbook at home?