Windows 10: Remote Desktop: How not to let the controlled Windows 10 device go into login screen

Discus and support Remote Desktop: How not to let the controlled Windows 10 device go into login screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use „RD Client“ on iOS. It‘s the Microsoft app. Whenever i remote control my Windows 10 Pro PC over my private network, the PC goes into login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FireStarter1337, May 18, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop: How not to let the controlled Windows 10 device go into login screen

I use „RD Client“ on iOS. It‘s the Microsoft app. Whenever i remote control my Windows 10 Pro PC over my private network, the PC goes into login screen. Is it possible to have just a mirror like mechanic. So the PC screen stays. I want for example just remotely volume up/down, click on the next video on demand video website or make time jumps on the video remotely without having to stand up and go to the PC. Also if you have other tools as recommendation, i want that the traffic stays in the private network, like Microsoft „Remote Desktop“ does.

submitted by /u/FireStarter1337
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FireStarter1337, May 18, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, May 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, May 18, 2020
  4. Remote Desktop: How not to let the controlled Windows 10 device go into login screen

remote desktop and windows mobile device control 6.1

Hi,

Im trying to sync a windows mobile device using windows mobile device control 6.1 through remote desktop in windows 7, however the phone is not being recognised, but if i login locally it works fine, but it doesn't seem to work in remote session, can some
    one please help or have any idea or faced a similar problem in remote session, With Active sync and xp previous version it use to work fine in remote session, but i can't make it syn in remote session, i even try updating the gpolicy for remote fx usb redirection
    but this didnt help either. once solution i could come up was to login in locally with an account, then remote into the desktop with same username and password, and doing this it works fine, but i don't think this is a best practise. Can some one please help
    regarding this it would be great.

BhugolKansakar, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop: How not to let the controlled Windows 10 device go into login screen

1. Remote Desktop: How not to let the controlled Windows 10 device go into login screen - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop let

2. Remote Desktop login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop login: I use remote desktop frequently to access pcs on a lan. Using mixture of windows 10 and 11. When logging in remotely to a microsoft email account the rdp usually required the PIN not the password. I just set up a new win 11 pro and it requires the password when I log on to it...
  3. Remote Desktop login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop login: I use remote desktop frequently to access pcs on a lan. Using mixture of windows 10 and 11. When logging in remotely to a microsoft email account the rdp usually required the PIN not the password. I just set up a new win 11 pro and it requires the password when I log on to it...
  4. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  5. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  6. remote desktop is suddenly stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    remote desktop is suddenly stuck on login screen: I use Microsoft remote desktop all the time and I've never had a problem logging in until recently. Now, for whatever reason I can't get past the screen asking for my PIN. When I enter the pin, it says there's a problem and selecting setup my PIN again just crashes it. Any...
  7. Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.: I cannot remotely login from a Windows 10 machine (computer1) to Windows 7 machine (computer2) get the error "Remote Desktop cannot find the computer "computer2". This might mean the "computer2" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and domain...
  8. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...
  9. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...
  10. desktop randomly going into the login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop randomly going into the login screen: Have noticed since this last cumulative update [KB3201845] that I am experiencing my desktop randomly going into the login screen [the default one that shows the ocean/grotto scene] and upon resuming my desktop icons are jumbled around. I have since disabled the login...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant remote login in windows 10