Windows 10: Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.

Discus and support Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am setting up an HTPC in my basement that also will serve as my media server. My goal is to have the computer locally signed in as a normal user,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noahherron, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.

I am setting up an HTPC in my basement that also will serve as my media server. My goal is to have the computer locally signed in as a normal user, displayed on the TV. But my concern is, will I be able to remotely sign into my “Plex” user and leave the viewer unaffected using Remote Desktop?

submitted by /u/noahherron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noahherron, Nov 10, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Remote desktop connectivity issues

Hello,

A factor why you're having issues remotely accessing your computer is due to settings configuration. We suggest that you refer to this article:

How to use Remote Desktop
    and follow the on-screen instructions.

About your concern regarding setting the Windows Firewall and Local Group Policy back to default, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Go to Control Panel.
    • In the View by: drop-down menu, select Small icons
      > Click Windows Firewall.
    • On the left side panel, hit Restore defaults.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

To restore Local Group Policy to default:

• Press Windows key + R > Enter gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following path on the left side panel: Local Computer Policy >
      Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings
    • On the right side panel, sort the policy settings by State > Set the state from
      Enabled/Disable to Not Configured > Apply the settings.
    • Repeat the same for this path: Local Computer Policy >
      User Configuration
      > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.

1. Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users. - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop conjunction

2. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  3. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  4. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...
  5. Add users for Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add users for Remote Desktop: Hi All,This may seem like a simple question but I cannot find an answer after much searching. I want to set up Remote Desktop to access a computer let's call it computer2 over the internet from my home computer computer1. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro. I...
  6. Remote desktop local connection interrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop local connection interrupted: I have two Windows 10 desktop systems hardwire connected to a Netgear EX7000 range extender. One system is used to access the other using RDP. On occasion, the connection to the target session drops out and restores after a retry, and rarely I have to reboot the target...
  7. Remote Desktop - Multiple Users

Remote Desktop - Multiple Users: I have set up my primary PC in my basement and am using a laptop to remote into it in my office. I have remote desktop set up so that I as the primary user (admin) can log in, but I would like to set up additional profiles so that my kids can log in using their profiles on...
  8. remote desktop users

remote desktop users: I have a problem in that i user disconnects the other user, more detail below: The main pc (called Server-pc) has 3 users, 'administrator', 'owner' and 'client'. another computer has 1 user (client) when the 'owner' is using the server-pc and the another pc user on pc...
  9. Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources: I would like to make local devices connected to my laptop (i.e. HP scanner) accessible in my Remote Desktop Connection. I am running WIN10 Pro. I cannot locate the Remote Desktop Connections dialogue box that would allow me to specify which Local Resources I want to...
  10. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...