Windows 10: Remote Desktop in Windows 10 can be a pain sometimes

Discus and support Remote Desktop in Windows 10 can be a pain sometimes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Once in a while when I use Remote Desktop to connect from one Windows 10 to other Windows 10 over the internet or in local LAN, but mostly over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whatyearisthisanyway, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 can be a pain sometimes

Once in a while when I use Remote Desktop to connect from one Windows 10 to other Windows 10 over the internet or in local LAN, but mostly over the internet, I have to enter a "Password". However, neither my local account password, or online account passoword would work, and also PIN is definitely not working. Also, sometimes it works by using my MS account email or user name on that PC and one of those passwords.

I mean - wtf Microsoft?

Any ideas how to resolve this?

submitted by /u/whatyearisthisanyway
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/whatyearisthisanyway, Sep 8, 2022

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 8, 2022
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Sep 8, 2022
  4. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 can be a pain sometimes

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 8, 2022
Thema:

Remote Desktop in Windows 10 can be a pain sometimes

1. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 can be a pain sometimes - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop pain

2. Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...: I paid for the pro version on my desktop at home so I could setup remote access through VPN and RDP when I go Nomad. I followed all of the guides videos, and everything else I could google and still can't get ANY of it to work. I don't configure this stuff on a regular basis...
  3. Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...: I paid for the pro version on my desktop at home so I could setup remote access through VPN and RDP when I go Nomad. I followed all of the guides videos, and everything else I could google and still can't get ANY of it to work. I don't configure this stuff on a regular basis...
  4. Why is setting up remote access such a pain in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Remote Desktop for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop for Windows 10: I have been sent a link to access a remote desktop but every time I enter my password i get the "Your Credentials did not work" window.Can someone please help me resolve this problem....
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime: Hi, I have a custom PC New with Core i7, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050ti graphics card on gigabyte board B460m motherboard. I have windows 10 pro on my custom PC and my laptop surface pro 4. Custom PC doesn't have a monitor but connects to a full HD tv if required....
  7. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Is it possible to use Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 Pro machine in order to connect to a Windows 10 Home machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-remote-desktop/9178b31c-5268-4e85-baa0-decb47605b13
  8. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Does anyone know how to make it possible to remote to my desktop from anywhere? submitted by /u/Vincent_29392 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0765h/windows_10_remote_desktop/
  9. Remote desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote desktop on Windows 10: I am connecting to a windows 10 PRO machine using RDP (Remmina on Ubunut 18.04 LTS). It works without flaw except when I reboot the windows 10 machine I have to login to the machine using physical keyboard/screen. After that I can connect with the Remmina client, disconnect...
  10. Remote Desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Windows 10: Yesterday I used my remote desktop connection without any problem today I try to enter and I can not use this and I need to be able to use my remote desktop connection any solution? I really was connecting very well but now what happened?...