Windows 10: Remote Desktop Issues on W10 1809

Discus and support Remote Desktop Issues on W10 1809 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is anyone else having issues using Remote Desktop with the most recent update, 1809? The computer I remote into as well as the computer I am remoting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CChenWA, Oct 6, 2018.

1. CChenWA Win User

Remote Desktop Issues on W10 1809

Is anyone else having issues using Remote Desktop with the most recent update, 1809?

The computer I remote into as well as the computer I am remoting with are both at 1809. When I remote in, it is quite laggy, and clicking on something on the remote computer will freeze and end the connection, with the window saying the connection was lost and it is retrying. This happens every time I try to remote in, and sometimes will behave after a few lost connections, but will act up again later.

Sometimes, it will reconnect, other times, I'll have to close the connection and reopen it from the computer I am remoting with.

I don't know what might be relevant, but the computer I'm remoting with is a Dell laptop, 16 GB RAM, 2.5 GHz processor, running W10 1809 Home. The computer I remote into is a desktop, 16 GB ram, 3.4 GHz processor, running W10 1809 Pro.

:)

CChenWA, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Ernie San Win User

Remote Desktop Issue

Hello,

Here are the ways to resolve the issue with Remote Desktop.

Method 1. Check your Internet connection, to troubleshoot check this

link

Method 2. Change the Firewall Settings, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Windows Firewall.
    • Click Allow an app or feature trough Windows Firewall.
    • Click Change Settings.
    • Find and check Remote Desktop.

Remote Desktop Issues on W10 1809 910af749-d174-459b-b967-2b5ea04eff67.jpg
    Method 3. Allowed your remote connections.

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Allow Remote connections to your computer.
    • Click Allow remote connections to this computer.
    • Click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Remote Desktop Issues on W10 1809

Remote desktop connectivity issues

Hello,

A factor why you're having issues remotely accessing your computer is due to settings configuration. We suggest that you refer to this article:

How to use Remote Desktop
    and follow the on-screen instructions.

About your concern regarding setting the Windows Firewall and Local Group Policy back to default, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Go to Control Panel.
    • In the View by: drop-down menu, select Small icons
      > Click Windows Firewall.
    • On the left side panel, hit Restore defaults.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

To restore Local Group Policy to default:

• Press Windows key + R > Enter gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following path on the left side panel: Local Computer Policy >
      Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings
    • On the right side panel, sort the policy settings by State > Set the state from
      Enabled/Disable to Not Configured > Apply the settings.
    • Repeat the same for this path: Local Computer Policy >
      User Configuration
      > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Remote Desktop Issues on W10 1809

1. Remote Desktop Issues on W10 1809 - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Issues

2. Issue with remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with remote desktop: I am using an iPhone 8 and is trying to reach my computer at home from like someplace far away. I tried all sorts of ways but still having issues, it just says error 0x300005c on my phone....
  3. Issue with remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with remote desktop: I am using an iPhone 8 and is trying to reach my computer at home from like someplace far away. I tried all sorts of ways but still having issues, it just says error 0x300005c on my phone....
  4. Remote Desktop issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop issues: Hello all, I am at my wits end with this one after trying to get this all working over the past few days. I have a newer LGTV which has Remote Desktop functionality built in. I had it working with my Windows 10 PC within minutes, simply entering the PC’s IP and my user info.I...
  5. Remote Desktop issues

Remote Desktop issues: Hello all, I am at my wits end with this one after trying to get this all working over the past few days. I have a newer LGTV which has Remote Desktop functionality built in. I had it working with my Windows 10 PC within minutes, simply entering the PC’s IP and my user info.I...
  6. Remote desktop issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  7. Remote desktop issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  8. Remote desktop issue

9. W10 wrong Keyboard layout in Remote Desktop

W10 wrong Keyboard layout in Remote Desktop: I use W10 Remote Desktop to connect to a Windows 7 Professional SP1 external computer. Before that I used W7, Dutch language, American international keyboard and never had problems with these keyboard settings on my external computer with the same language and keyboard...
  10. Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem: Hi, I am current using Group Policy Management 6.0.0.1 (Server 2012) which controlling Windows 7 computers. When I change pilot PC to Windows 10 (1809) with using same GPO, the Windows 10 PC can remote others (such as Windows 7 PC, Windows Servers, etc), but it failed from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 remote desktop issue

2. 1809 RDP PROBLEMS

3. windows 10 1809 rdp issue

4. 1809 build windows 10 can remote desktop,
  5. 1809 remote desktop problems,
  6. Remote Desktop broken on Windows 10 1809 update,
  7. windows 10 remote desktop problems,
  8. issues connecting using RD Gateway on windows 1809,
  9. cant connect to rd gateway using windows 10 1809,
  10. cant rdp to servers since 1809,
  11. windows 10 remote desktop settings locked 1809,