Windows 10: Remote Desktop License issue

Discus and support Remote Desktop License issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; we have setup a terminal server join domain and installed a RDP per user CALS license. Currently we are having an issue that local user created in same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesY2022, May 26, 2022.

1. Remote Desktop License issue

we have setup a terminal server join domain and installed a RDP per user CALS license. Currently we are having an issue that local user created in same terminal server having a remote desktop license issue when RDP to the terminal server. Is it we cant share the RDP license with domain & local together?Thanks.

:)

JamesY2022, May 26, 2022

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 26, 2022
  3. Remote desktop connectivity issues

Hello,

A factor why you're having issues remotely accessing your computer is due to settings configuration. We suggest that you refer to this article:

How to use Remote Desktop
    and follow the on-screen instructions.

About your concern regarding setting the Windows Firewall and Local Group Policy back to default, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Go to Control Panel.
    • In the View by: drop-down menu, select Small icons
      > Click Windows Firewall.
    • On the left side panel, hit Restore defaults.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

To restore Local Group Policy to default:

• Press Windows key + R > Enter gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following path on the left side panel: Local Computer Policy >
      Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings
    • On the right side panel, sort the policy settings by State > Set the state from
      Enabled/Disable to Not Configured > Apply the settings.
    • Repeat the same for this path: Local Computer Policy >
      User Configuration
      > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, May 26, 2022
  4. Ernie San Win User

Remote Desktop License issue

Remote Desktop Issue

Hello,

Here are the ways to resolve the issue with Remote Desktop.

Method 1. Check your Internet connection, to troubleshoot check this

link

Method 2. Change the Firewall Settings, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Windows Firewall.
    • Click Allow an app or feature trough Windows Firewall.
    • Click Change Settings.
    • Find and check Remote Desktop.

Remote Desktop License issue 910af749-d174-459b-b967-2b5ea04eff67.jpg
    Method 3. Allowed your remote connections.

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Allow Remote connections to your computer.
    • Click Allow remote connections to this computer.
    • Click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Remote Desktop License issue

1. Remote Desktop License issue - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop License

2. Remote Desktop License server connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop License server connection issue: Having an issue with an RD Session host connecting to our RD licensing server, policies in place, other servers can connect without issue.The licensing diagnoser reports that the license server doesn't have any installed licenses, but the section that I'm trying to understand...
  3. Remote Desktop License server connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop License server connection issue: Having an issue with an RD Session host connecting to our RD licensing server, policies in place, other servers can connect without issue.The licensing diagnoser reports that the license server doesn't have any installed licenses, but the section that I'm trying to understand...
  4. Remote Desktop License Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop License Issue: New server farm running Citrix 1912 LTSR 1 storefront, 4 delivery controllers all running Windows 2019. MS Remote desktop licensing also on Svr 2019, per device CALs. All in an active directory domain configured with GPOs.When initially configured, there are no problems and...
  5. Remote Desktop License Issue

Remote Desktop License Issue: New server farm running Citrix 1912 LTSR 1 storefront, 4 delivery controllers all running Windows 2019. MS Remote desktop licensing also on Svr 2019, per device CALs. All in an active directory domain configured with GPOs.When initially configured, there are no problems and...
  6. Remote Desktop License issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop License issue: we have setup a terminal server join domain and installed a RDP per user CALS license. Currently we are having an issue that local user created in same terminal server having a remote desktop license issue when RDP to the terminal server. Is it we cant share the RDP license...
  7. Remote desktop issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  8. Remote desktop issue

Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  9. Remote desktop Licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote desktop Licensing: Good day, I need to get licensing to allow multiple users to connect to my local server simultaneously, i have tried contacting Microsoft support i had no luck can anyone assist if you have purchased a RDP license before, Thank you. Kind regards Sibusiso...
  10. Remote Desktop License Issue (Disconnect in 60 minutes)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop License Issue (Disconnect in 60 minutes): Someone help! I really do not want to go through the trouble of reapplying this RDP server license to the server again. Here is the situation I am in. There are a total of 6 active users that work in my onsite server and use as a VM, through an RDP 10 license user. 4 users...