Windows 10: Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing

Discus and support Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a question about remote desktop login: Two of our clients (Lenovo notebooks) do not have the login settings (user name, request login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gue11, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Gue11 Win User

Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing

I have a question about remote desktop login: Two of our clients (Lenovo notebooks) do not have the login settings (user name, request login information).

Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing [​IMG]

RemoteDesktop-Version: Shellversion 10.0.19041

Both notebooks are in a Windows domain. They can connect different computers via RemoteDeskop, but for some connections RemoteDesktop crashes without an error message. And all of this with different connections: e.g. CientA can connect to ServerX, but ClientB cannot. The connection to ServerY works with ClientB, but not with ClientA. I have already deleted and recreated the login information several times, but without success. Win10Prof version and updates are the same for both notebooks. I couldn't find any differences in the group policies either. Both Windows users are local admins.

Very strange for me is: If you call mstsc via the command line (cmd) with the option /v:servername, the connection works correct, the window for the credentials appears

I can change user and password and the connection works fine.

Thanks for help, Guenter

:)

Gue11, Dec 11, 2020
  2. asb2106 Win User

Remote desktop login issues, please help

Ok, so I got remote desktop working, the only problem is, when I log off of the remote computer, the host does not log it self back in.

Ive even tried disabling my the password on the account to login and hope when I logged off that it would just resume on the host, but no such luck.

Basically what I want to be able to do is connect to my house computer at work, and be able to use the computer like I would with remote desktop, however, when I log off, I want the host to resume as the same user still.

Any way to get to that solution is great, willing to try anything! Please help!!

asb2106, Dec 11, 2020
  3. DJ XB0XER Win User
    Remote Desktop login not working with two factor authentication and PIN sign in

Hello,

I was having an issue with remote desktop where my login credentials were not working. I use two factor authentication and sign into the computer I am trying to connect to using a PIN. When I tried to access the computer through remote desktop my login credentials
    did not work. The way I fixed this issue was instead of using a PIN on my computer, I now login with my password. I miss having the convenience of a PIN login but I use remote desktop a lot. Is this a bug with remote desktop or is there a fix to this issue
    I am missing?

DJ XB0XER, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing

login screens

automatic login? or am i missing something here...

randomperson21, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing

1. Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Login

2. Remote Desktop login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop login: I use remote desktop frequently to access pcs on a lan. Using mixture of windows 10 and 11. When logging in remotely to a microsoft email account the rdp usually required the PIN not the password. I just set up a new win 11 pro and it requires the password when I log on to it...
  3. Remote Desktop login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop login: I use remote desktop frequently to access pcs on a lan. Using mixture of windows 10 and 11. When logging in remotely to a microsoft email account the rdp usually required the PIN not the password. I just set up a new win 11 pro and it requires the password when I log on to it...
  4. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  5. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  6. Remote Desktop - Can't login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Can't login: I'm using a Mac trying to connect to a PC.I get a certificate error:The certificate couldn't be verified back to the root certificate.I have the option to continue, and I do.The PC then won't accept my login credentials for my main account.It will accept it for a user account...
  7. I can't login with Remote Desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login with Remote Desktop.: I'm using Remote Desktop for work, but after I've got installed Windows 11 and enabled Remote Desktop, login fails with my account both of local account and Microsoft account. The weird thing is the RD session being opened when I entered the correct identification. It will...
  8. Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Login: login settings are missing: I have a question about remote desktop login: Two of our clients (Lenovo notebooks) do not have the login settings (user name, request login information). [img] [img] RemoteDesktop-Version: Shellversion 10.0.19041 Both notebooks are in a Windows domain. They can...
  9. Remote Desktop for MacOS login issue

Remote Desktop for MacOS login issue: I have a Windows 10 Professional PC and I’m trying to connect via the Remote Desktop for MacOS but I keep getting an error when logging in, saying the username and password wasnt accepted. I use a PIN to sign into my PC, but I have my Microsoft account linked as well. What am...
  10. fail to login remote desktop

fail to login remote desktop: I have a windows server 2012R2, and have 2 local account for remote purpose (account A : with administrator group, account B : not in administrator group) when remote from a windows 7, everything works fine, but when remote from a windows 10, 1) only the account B is...