Windows 10: Remote Desktop - Multiple Users

Discus and support Remote Desktop - Multiple Users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have set up my primary PC in my basement and am using a laptop to remote into it in my office. I have remote desktop set up so that I as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JJM_920, Aug 19, 2019.

1. JJM_920 Win User

Remote Desktop - Multiple Users

I have set up my primary PC in my basement and am using a laptop to remote into it in my office.

I have remote desktop set up so that I as the primary user (admin) can log in, but I would like to set up additional profiles so that my kids can log in using their profiles on the primary pc (in basement) from the laptop in the office.

Can I do this?

:)

JJM_920, Aug 19, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 19, 2019
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop - Multiple Users

Multiple Users - login using Microsoft Remote Desktop

I would like to know why Windows 10 Pro does not allow multiple users to log in using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a single machine.

My son uses his PC using his own account.

I want to use the same PC using my own account via Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac.

Any input will be appreciated.

gamalakabani, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop - Multiple Users

1. Remote Desktop - Multiple Users - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Multiple

2. Remote Desktop Connection Randomly Disconnecting User With "Multiple Monitors" Enabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection Randomly Disconnecting User With "Multiple Monitors" Enabled: DETAILS: User is connecting to host machine using a VPN and Remote Desktop Connection. The connection will work for a while and then begin to disconnect every 0-60 minutes thereafter until the remote machine is restarted. The problem only seems to effect the user when the...
  3. Add users for Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add users for Remote Desktop: Hi All,This may seem like a simple question but I cannot find an answer after much searching. I want to set up Remote Desktop to access a computer let's call it computer2 over the internet from my home computer computer1. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro. I...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors: Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop RD that you install from Microsoft Store, not Remote Desktop Connection across two monitors. I have looked everywhere, and cannot see anywhere to make it possible. Thanks in advance....
  5. Multiple Users Share same Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Share same Desktop: All, I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently the testers use the same login and password. We need to identify which user is on the system. Is there a way for multiple...
  6. Multiple Users One Desktop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Users One Desktop?: Hello, can I share my desktop with several users at the same time? and have 2 or 3 friends or even more operate a PC or VM for me? If so, how and what tools are needed to make it reasonably safe ;) Mehrere Benutzer Ein Desktop?
  7. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors: I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting to show full screen...
  8. Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.: I am setting up an HTPC in my basement that also will serve as my media server. My goal is to have the computer locally signed in as a normal user, displayed on the TV. But my concern is, will I be able to remotely sign into my “Plex” user and leave the viewer unaffected...
  9. remote desktop users

remote desktop users: I have a problem in that i user disconnects the other user, more detail below: The main pc (called Server-pc) has 3 users, 'administrator', 'owner' and 'client'. another computer has 1 user (client) when the 'owner' is using the server-pc and the another pc user on pc...
  10. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10: In common with many others I was horrified to find that Windows 7 pro, which advertised support for RDP, did not support multiple monitors. I needed Ultimate for that. What's the story in Windows 10? Can I use RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 pro? And can I connect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows remote desktop multiple users