Windows 10: Remote Desktop not accepting Office 365 Business Credentials to log in

Discus and support Remote Desktop not accepting Office 365 Business Credentials to log in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a client that has office 365 business running on his 5 computers onsite. He is trying to vpn and remote desktop into his computer. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chapman454, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Remote Desktop not accepting Office 365 Business Credentials to log in

Hi there, I have a client that has office 365 business running on his 5 computers onsite. He is trying to vpn and remote desktop into his computer. I have setup up the vpn so that part is taken care of, but the remote desktop is saying the office 365 business credentials are incorrect when he types in his credentials to get on. I have double and triple checked the credentials and they are correct. We have tried the same login on other computers over remote desktop and one of them works and the other has the same problem. We have gone through the steps and turned on RDP and all of its settin

:)

Chapman454, Apr 28, 2021
  2. Rob Odum Win User

Problems logging into Microsoft Store with Office 365 credentials

I am setting up a new PC, and wanted to download some Wallpaper packs from the Store (these were free, Microsoft "certified" Wallpapers from the Store). I am logged into the Store with my Office 365 credentials (shows my name and email in the upper right
    corner with the generic "chess piece" avatar). I can download other apps (a speed test app and Minesweeper both downloaded fine), but when I try to download a Wallpaper pack, it asks for login credentials again, and does not recognize User Name/Email and Password
    (even though the icon in the top right of the Store shows I am logged in). It looks like it wanted another, personal Microsoft account attached to the Store - which I do not want to do; I'd rather have everything associated on my work PC just use my Office
    365 credentials. I actually had the same issue trying to open a Support Chat about this issue - it asked me to login first to start the chat, but would not recognize/accept my Office 365 User Name/Email and Password.

Any help appreciated!

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** (this email used for Office 365)

Rob Odum, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop not accepting credentials

I'm trying to connect to my desktop from my laptop using windows' Remote Desktop application.

I can connect from my desktop to my laptop - but not from the laptop to the desktop.

The issue is it will not accept my credentials giving me this message:

Remote Desktop not accepting Office 365 Business Credentials to log in 363745a7-d4f2-4088-b4ca-df2ff4cb3045?upload=true.png

TamarAl-Tahan, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop not accepting Office 365 Business Credentials to log in

Logging into Windows 10 Pro using Office 365 credentials

O365 Business Essentials does not include the Office suite of applications, whereas your personal Business Premium does. As a Business Premium licensee you have right to install Office 2016 Pro on five devices. The validation / licensing is done by you entering your O365 / Azure AD credentials when you launch an Office application first time; you can either activate it with a valid product key or with your O365 credentials.

If activated using your O365 credentials, all Office applications have now access to your Sharepoint sites and resources including your O365 for Business OneDrive. No credentials will be asked, a user of an Office application when Office is activated with your O365 credentials automatically has the full access.

An example. The screenshot below shows my Office account settings when I have activated my Office 2016 with O365 Enterprise credentials. It shows me as the user, the O365 licensee who's credentials were used for activation, plus it gives the user access to my OneDrive for Business (#1) and Sharepoint resources (#2):

Remote Desktop not accepting Office 365 Business Credentials to log in [​IMG]

Thema:

Remote Desktop not accepting Office 365 Business Credentials to log in

1. Remote Desktop not accepting Office 365 Business Credentials to log in - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop accepting

2. Office 365 For Business Standard

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 For Business Standard: Hello, I have been a follower of this forum for years and this is my first post. I am attempting to install Office 365 Business Standard (AKA Microsoft 365 Business standard) on a Windows 10 Computer for a Not for Profit. We bought the license and followed the instructions to...
  3. Access Credentials not accepted by laptop for Remote Desktop Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access Credentials not accepted by laptop for Remote Desktop Home to Pro Upgrade: After reformatting a Dell laptop Inspiron 7548 with the latest 20H2 Windows 10, I was greeted with a Home version as the install never asked me which version to install. The install was a clean install and the old install was Pro. I was directed to the Microsoft store to...
  4. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several questions on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....
  5. Office 365 Account for Remote Desktop Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 Account for Remote Desktop Access: I am trying to login to my Windows 10 computer using Microsoft's Remote Desktop client (RDP). I am able to login using a local account, but, I am not able to login using my O365 business account. I have checked the remote access settings, and my O365 account is listed as...
  6. Office 365 business essentials

Office 365 business essentials: Hello, I have purchased the business essentials. So i can control my own mail domain stuff. But the big question for me is why is there not office included in the package. Is it something i can add to it? 140001
  7. Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials: I have read several question on this forum about this and the moderator keeps referring people to the TechNet Forum. He says this forum is basically for home users, not pro users or something. Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Pro. It's advertised as a feature by MS....
  8. Logging into Windows 10 Pro using Office 365 credentials

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging into Windows 10 Pro using Office 365 credentials: Ok, so i've just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to the Pro edition. The user account on the PC is currently linked to my MS account. However, this particular PC is for my two part-time workers who I want to be able to login using their 365 credentials. I am totally...
  9. Ninja Guide to Office 365 for Business

Ninja Guide to Office 365 for Business: This was called to my attention on Yammer and I thought I'd share with other O365 for Business. http://www.365ninja.com/wp-content/u...Mat6w7gKWxc%3D 45229
  10. Introducing Office 365 business apps

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Office 365 business apps: Today, we announced that Microsoft Connections, Microsoft Listings, Microsoft Invoicing, and the Office 365 Business center are now generally available as part of Microsoft 365 Business and Office 365 Business Premium. The new apps are rolling out to customers in the U.S.,...