Windows 10: Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar

Discus and support Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When maximized on the first monitor, the local computer's taskbar stays on top on the second. This isn't the case if I maximize it on my second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/asdfasdff3wer, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar

When maximized on the first monitor, the local computer's taskbar stays on top on the second. This isn't the case if I maximize it on my second monitor.

Has anyone else had this issue since the last Windows update?

submitted by /u/asdfasdff3wer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/asdfasdff3wer, Nov 4, 2020

2. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 4, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Taskbar on second monitor on Win7

It doubles it, at least in the way he wants, I don't know what you want. The taskbar on the second monitor is seperate from the taskbar on the first. The programs open on the second monitor show up on the second task bar.

newtekie1, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Pete1burn Win User

Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar

Taskbar on second monitor on Win7

Anyone know of some good freeware app that will add a taskbar to my second monitor and only show apps on that monitor on its taskbar? I was using Ultramon in XP but wondering if there's something better for Win7. Thanks.

Pete1burn, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar

1. Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop covering

2. Remote Desktop not expanding screen to second monitor in version 1.2.5105.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop not expanding screen to second monitor in version 1.2.5105.0: Today 2024/01/11, I updated the version of the remote desktop application to 1.2.5105.0, when I started using it I noticed that it was no longer expanding the screen to my number 1 monitor, even though I selected this in the settings print. As I didn't want to change the...
  3. Remote Desktop not expanding screen to second monitor in version 1.2.5105.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop not expanding screen to second monitor in version 1.2.5105.0: Today 2024/01/11, I updated the version of the remote desktop application to 1.2.5105.0, when I started using it I noticed that it was no longer expanding the screen to my number 1 monitor, even though I selected this in the settings print. As I didn't want to change the...
  4. Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor: HI there!I'm using two monitors. I can launch each program in my primary taskbar using shortcuts as Windows Key + 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.So is there any idea how to open launch programs in my second taskbar of the second monitor using shortcuts?First primary taskbarSecond not...
  5. Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor

Shortcuts for programs in second taskbar of the second monitor: HI there!I'm using two monitors. I can launch each program in my primary taskbar using shortcuts as Windows Key + 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.So is there any idea how to open launch programs in my second taskbar of the second monitor using shortcuts?First primary taskbarSecond not...
  6. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  7. Remote desktop on second monitor won't work in 16:9

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop on second monitor won't work in 16:9: I'm trying to use a remote desktop window on a second monitor attached to my laptop, but when full screened in a 16:9 aspect ratio the screen just foes black. Ive tried many different resolutions and only the standard 4k 1440p and 1080p cause the black screen to happen. Even...
  8. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors: I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting to show full screen...
  9. 5 monitors on Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5 monitors on Remote Desktop: I have an issue with Microsoft Remote Desktop. I am running 5 monitors on an 580 AMD 8GB GPU. This was working fine locally and on the remote desktop - however now when I try to connect to the remote, it only allows one monitor on the remote desktop. If I unplug any one...
  10. Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized: When I maximize Windows, I see the bottom scroll bar behind the task bar. I haven’t had this issue before. I’d like to have the desktop not covered by the taskbar...