Windows 10: Remote Desktop not working after Home to Pro upgrade

Discus and support Remote Desktop not working after Home to Pro upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Done the following: Enabled firewall. Turned off custom scaling. Disabled IPv6 Protocol. TermService is running (All remote services are running).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rdwray, Mar 15, 2019.

1. rdwray Win User

Remote Desktop not working after Home to Pro upgrade

Done the following:
    Enabled firewall.
    Turned off custom scaling.
    Disabled IPv6 Protocol.
    TermService is running (All remote services are running).

Have I missed anything?

EDIT: Found the problem, Control Panel > System > Advanced Settings > Remote > Remote Desktop > did not check Allow remote connections to this computer

:)

rdwray, Mar 15, 2019
  2. saadq12 Win User

Can't Remote Desktop Into PC even after PRO Upgrade

Hi all, I am wondering if someone can help me get Remote Desktop working. Here is the problem:
    I have a brand new Acer Desktop PC that came with Windows 10 Home, after unsuccessfully trying to get remote desktop working on Home I eventually bought the upgrade to Pro.
    The PC upgraded to Pro but I am still unable to connect to the PC via Remote Desktop Connection.
    I am sure the IP is correct is because I can ping the PC from another PC on the same network and I get a reply back successfully.
    I have tried several steps and procedures found via google(changing services properties, disabling firewall, allowing RDP etc...) but nothing is working.
    Currently I am resetting the computer back to default in hopes this fixes any issues I may have caused during my troubleshooting
    Any ideas/suggestions that you guys have that got Remote Desktop Connection working would be great, thanks in advance!

saadq12, Mar 15, 2019
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, Remote Desktop is not working

Hi Mayukh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Step 1: Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    Step 2: After running Troubleshooter follow the below steps.

• Type Remote Desktop in search bar.
    • Select Remote Desktop app and open it.
    • In the bottom you will see a button as Show Options.
    • Click on Show Options, you will see the options to enter your credentials.
    • Enter the credentials and click on Connect.
    • Check if it works.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 15, 2019
  4. ShiBDiB Win User

Remote Desktop not working

First off, im unbanned wooo

I'm trying to use logmein pro to get windows remote desktop setup for my main computer back home, its 8.1 pro and the remote desktop option in the computer properties is activated. (Also the remote port has been changed in the reg as I have a home server that I remote to as well which works fine). All ports have been forwarded and there's no firewall issues.

The issue is I just completely cannot connect to it using remote desktop. Is this due to logmein being installed? I don't want to uninstall it to test my theory and then be completely cutoff from the pc for 2 months if I'm wrong.

ShiBDiB, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop not working after Home to Pro upgrade - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop working

2. Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro: In the last 2 days, my client Home ed. desktop has been throwing an error every time I try to connect to the host Pro ed. laptop:Remote Desktop ConnectionThe connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login.Error code: 0x3Extended error code:...
  3. Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro: In the last 2 days, my client Home ed. desktop has been throwing an error every time I try to connect to the host Pro ed. laptop:Remote Desktop ConnectionThe connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login.Error code: 0x3Extended error code:...
  4. Remote Desktop only working from home

Remote Desktop only working from home: I’ve set up my Remote Desktop connection and did the port forwarding in my router. The computer is connected to internet. If I’m at home connected to my iPhone 5G instead of the same wifi, the remote connection works perfectly. But, when i try to connect it from outside of my...
  5. Remote Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro: We just recently acquired a company that has about 150 computers running Windows 10 Home. We need to get them upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but most of them are in the field. We have the ability to push out scripts or, at least, log in to the machine remotely but would prefer a...
  6. Remote Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro

Remote Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro: We just recently acquired a company that has about 150 computers running Windows 10 Home. We need to get them upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but most of them are in the field. We have the ability to push out scripts or, at least, log in to the machine remotely but would prefer a...
  7. Remote Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Access Credentials not accepted by laptop for Remote Desktop Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access Credentials not accepted by laptop for Remote Desktop Home to Pro Upgrade: After reformatting a Dell laptop Inspiron 7548 with the latest 20H2 Windows 10, I was greeted with a Home version as the install never asked me which version to install. The install was a clean install and the old install was Pro. I was directed to the Microsoft store to...
  9. Remote Desktop not working after Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop not working after Home to Pro upgrade: Done the following: Enabled firewall. Turned off custom scaling. Disabled IPv6 Protocol. TermService is running (All remote services are running). Have I missed anything? EDIT: Found the problem, Control Panel > System > Advanced Settings > Remote > Remote Desktop > did not...
  10. Can't Remote Desktop Into PC even after PRO Upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Remote Desktop Into PC even after PRO Upgrade: Hi all, I am wondering if someone can help me get Remote Desktop working. Here is the problem: I have a brand new Acer Desktop PC that came with Windows 10 Home, after unsuccessfully trying to get remote desktop working on Home I eventually bought the upgrade to Pro. The PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop doesnt work after upgrade to pro