Windows 10: Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Discus and support Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, since a few days, we have issues while trying to connect from Windows 7 & 10 clients to a Windows Server 2012R2 RD Farm. RD farm is composed of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harald Niehus, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Hi,

since a few days, we have issues while trying to connect from Windows 7 & 10 clients to a Windows Server 2012R2 RD Farm.

RD farm is composed of two RD session hosts + 1 RD Gateway.

Windows 10 clients are build 1809.

The clients and the servers are in different domains with one-way trust. It worked just fine until a few days ago, when clients started getting the below error message. In the TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational log file, I can find a lot of 312 and 313 events which indicate that connections are not authorized.

I have no clue what changed as compared to when the connections where working fine.

We introduced the Microsoft Remote Desktop app as a workaround, and strange enough that works, but it is not liked very much by our users cos it has some drawbacks.

Can anyone help me, or point me where to look at?

Thanks,

Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7 473b4826-2bc5-479f-9a39-e97b1fe71156?upload=true.png

:)

Harald Niehus, Jul 30, 2019

2. Windows 7 Remote Desktop

I was wondering if it's possible to change Windows Remote Desktop port number? I believe it uses port 3389. A friend of mine wants to connect to his work computer from home, but it's not possible because port 3389 hasn't been forwarded. And he does not have access to do so. Teamviewer works perfectly fine, but he prefers Remote Desktop

GoFigureItOut, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7

1. Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop working

2. Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer: I am attempting to connect to a Windows 7 system from a Windows 10 system. The computers are connected to the internet via Mobile Hotspot from my Android cellphone. The connection is initiated and the Windows 7 screen switchs to a log on screen. The Windows 10 screen...
  3. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Is it possible to use Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 Pro machine in order to connect to a Windows 10 Home machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-remote-desktop/9178b31c-5268-4e85-baa0-decb47605b13
  4. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Does anyone know how to make it possible to remote to my desktop from anywhere? submitted by /u/Vincent_29392 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0765h/windows_10_remote_desktop/
  5. Windows 10 - Remote desktop connection is not working

Windows 10 - Remote desktop connection is not working: Windows 10 upgraded to 1903. When I access it now using Remote Desktop all I get is a black screen in the RDP windows. is there any solution to fix this issue?...
  6. Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.

Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.: I cannot remotely login from a Windows 10 machine (computer1) to Windows 7 machine (computer2) get the error "Remote Desktop cannot find the computer "computer2". This might mean the "computer2" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and domain...
  7. WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING

WINDOWS 10 - REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING: Been using the app for years. Have a Windows 7 Professional Laptop on a Wireless Network in the Office. Have just installed a Windows 10 Professional PC on a Hardline Connection. Wrote a "Rule" in Norton to Trust the Laptop. Rule works as I can ping the Windows 10 Unit...
  8. Windows 10 Remote Desktop to Windows 7 - NLA error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop to Windows 7 - NLA error: Has anyone gotten an authentication error when trying to remote from a Windows 10 Pro tablet to a Windows 7 pro desktop. Both have remote access turned on. I checked to see if the RDP was allowed through the firewall and it is. Ran security updates on both machines. Any...
  9. Remote desktop not working in Windows 10?

Remote desktop not working in Windows 10?: Odd. I use No-ip, and have a registered host name that I have used in the past to connect to my Windows 8.1 system Since a clean install of Windows 10, I no longer can connect using the MS remote desktop app on my mac to my pc. I have allowed remote connections, and the port...
  10. Cant Remote Desktop Anymore

Cant Remote Desktop Anymore: Hi, My home Windows 10 laptop has recently updated and I can now no longer Remote Desktop to my windows 10 desktop based in my work office. Before, I had to enter the microsoft username that was associated with my work desktop and it would allow me to connect from home...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep getting error message Remote Desktop cant find the computer %. This might mean that % does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and domain that you are trying to connect to.